Equipped to do it

Options
I told myself I was going to get back to the gym last night ... did it happen? Then I thought of all the stuff I've accumulated at home that could help me exercise. What do you have in your home in the way of exercise equipment? What was the last thing you used?

Replies

• Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yoga mat ( used today)
    Weights ( 3 weeks ago)
    Rock rings ( friday)
    Leg weights ( ummm maybe a year)
    Those hand strengthning things ( ummmmm, i'll get back to you)
    Trampette....(4 months)
    Running shoes ( havnt run in 5 monhs due to injury, but went for a walk on he weekend)

But i also used a chair to do my 50 dips today, does that negate some of it?
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    I told myself I was going to get back to the gym last night ... did it happen? Then I thought of all the stuff I've accumulated at home that could help me exercise. What do you have in your home in the way of exercise equipment? What was the last thing you used?

Treadmill
    Yowza Captiva cardio-core elliptical trainer (I use it 5 days a week anywhere from 20 minutes to 100 minutes...used today)
    Hand weights (I use it with P90x several times a week...used today)
    Resistance bands (used in conjunction with P90x several times a week....used on Monday.)
    250 pound weight bench set (never used...tryin to sell it actually lol)
    Perfect push up stands (several times a week...used today)
    Weight vest (12-20 pounds but I'm wearing it at 12 pounds until I get used to it...used today.)
    Wrist weights (5 pounds each...used today while on the elliptical)
    Pull up bar (used with P90x but I can barely do 1 good one....use once a day to perfect just one pull up....last used last night)
    Chair (today....for the chair dips)
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Treadmill
    Bowflex
    Bowflex dumbbells
    Free weights (5lb, 6lb, 8lb)
    Barbell with weights and bench
    Yoga mat
    Foam roller
    Perfect pushup
    power stands
    pull up bars
    1lb hand weights
    Resistance bands of all varieties
    Exercise balls
    Yoga DVDs
    Beachbody DVDs (P90X, Insanity, Yoga Booty Ballet, Asylum, Body Beast, TurboJam, TurboFire)
    Tae Bo
    Zumba
    In the basement hidden in a corner is an old exercycle thing (not sure how old or if it works), an extreme ab-doer (which I have no faith in), a small trampoline, and a few other bits and bobs that I haven't looked at really well

All this is why I am resistant to the idea of joining a gym - I like the idea of one, but there's so much at home for me to use already
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Treadmill
    Bowflex
    Bowflex dumbbells
    Free weights (5lb, 6lb, 8lb)
    Barbell with weights and bench
    Yoga mat
    Foam roller
    1lb hand weights
    Resistance bands of all varieties
    Exercise balls
    Yoga DVDs
    Beachbody DVDs (P90X, Insanity, Yoga Booty Ballet, Asylum, Body Beast, TurboJam, TurboFire)
    Tae Bo
    Zumba
    In the basement hidden in a corner is an old exercycle thing (not sure how old or if it works), an extreme ab-doer (which I have no faith in), a small trampoline, and a few other bits and bobs that I haven't looked at really well

All this is why I am resistant to the idea of joining a gym - I like the idea of one, but there's so much at home for me to use already

I tried a gym TWICE and ended up wasting my money because I never went. smh I am so much more motivated at home these days. It's great to have the equipment to work out at home. Love it!
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I use a Wii Fit at home and love it.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    My floor, my walls, and my body.

Don't need any other equipment (until I move up to hanging leg lifts and pull ups, which will require a bar, but I have one of those).
  • LoneR113
    Options
    Static bike (Daily)
    Workout mat
    Dumb bells
    Bar bell
    Weight workbench
    Bouncy ball thingy (like the kids toy......)
    Stretch bands

Only the bike gets use, all the other stuff in the shed gathering spider colonies!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options

Last used:
    Sneakers
    Wrist Watch.
    Legs

Have:
    Various weights (up to 30lbs)*
    Yoga Mat
    Rowing machine*
    Heavy Bag*
    Exercise ball
    3 dance videos
    3 pilates videos
    Yoga printouts
    Resistance bands
    Pull Up bar*
    Perfect push up thingies*

* = boyfriend's
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    My bed, I use it for recovery when I get home from the gym, normally after I do a workout in the kitchen making some food to help with recovery when I get home from the gym.

But that's just me.

Your mileage may vary.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Someone else mentioned it, and I'd forgotten - we also have the Wii Fit, and the Kinect, and numerous games for both. Your Shape Fitness Evolved is my best friend some days :-P
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have a yoga mat, and exercise bands. I can do almost anything with those.
    Also a handful of books I have studied, to learn form and technique.
  • maryinredding
    maryinredding Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We have it all. Treadmill, stationary bicycle, total gym. And do we use them. Not very much. When we first got the treadmill both my husband and I did it almost every day and now it sits there unused. I do use the stationary bike more than anything. The total gym is in my husband's shop so that is his to use if he wants. I was swimming this summer so that helped some. Now that the weather has cooled down I have to find creative and fun ways to exercise. I just don't have the energy most of the time. Hopefully I will get more as the weight comes off. I think tomorrow morning I will wash the car. I think that counts, doesn't it????
  • dieter67
    Options
    I'm curious about chair dips ... need to look it up!
  • Cdn_Dot
    Cdn_Dot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a TV/DVD player and a bunch of workout DVD's (2 used last week), a bunch of dumbbells and a barbell and plates, yoga mat (cheap and I'm not in love with), a usable exercise ball and a couple of slow leakers (LOL) and an aerobic step. I used to have a free space in my garage to workout in but stuff and other peoples projects have been invading! GRR, time to take back the garage!
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Running shoes - don't really use them for running anymore but I wear them to the gym so used them yesterday

Exercise ball - bought it years ago on recommendation of an OT but it hasn't been pumped up for years as I don't have the space! (and go to the gym where I can use one)

Foam roller - not used for a couple of months

So yeah, I'm good at buying stuff and then not using it!