Weight Loss Roller Coaster

Options
Most roller coasters are thrilling and exhilarating, the weight loss roller coaster that I have been on since high school is anything but fun.

Losing 60 lbs from high school to college ('03 - '05) was a tough road. When I reached my goal weight, I was ecstatic. To celebrate, I apparently forgot the basics of eating right.

Once I became a teacher, the teachers' lounge was an enemy of health. Over my first two years of teaching, I gained 30 pounds, half of what I struggled to lose.

Since 2008, I've lost a few pounds, gained a few pounds, lost -- you know the routine. When you feel like you put so much effort into a few weeks and only see the scale move a few pounds, you give up and gain what you just lost.

About two months ago, I came across MyFitnessPal and recruited some of my friends to use the phone app with me. Happy to say, I've lost 13 pounds in two months almost halfway to my goal!

If anyone wants to get off the weight loss roller coaster with me on MFP, I welcome being a coaster buddy.

- Jeremy

MFP Handle: jeremyjly

Replies

• Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey Jeremy, I'm always looking for more people to help motivate and hope for the same in return! It makes it more fun. :) Sending you a friend request now, and if anyone reading this wants to add me, go for it! :D
  • givenshl
    Options
    Congrats to You, Good Luck on the rest of Your Journey!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't know about exhilerating, that sounds exhausting! I'm so sorry to hear that you put it back on, after all that hard work! But you did it once, you can do it again and this time you can keep it off. I have faith in you!
  • Jeremyjly
    Options
    I'm sorry too for putting weight back on. Can't look backward -- only forward.
  • JilianneNicole82
    Options
    Been there my whole life! Up and down up and down! Excuse after excuse!! Feel free to add me or anyone else!!
  • Jeremyjly
    Options
    I'm ready to get off this roller once and for all!
  • Dothisformadi
    Options
    I've been on a coaster my entire life and now have more weight to loose then when I was pregnant! Definitely looking for continued motivation to keep my feet on the ground and not hop back on that awful unhealthy ride! Consider yourself one buddy richer:)
  • Janie_bear
    Janie_bear Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeremy

I am much older than you and have been using stuff and starve diets (Cambridge) for the last 10 years and like you lost the weight really quick and put it back on even quicker!!! I started losing weight for the last time at the beginning of 2012 and have lost 1lb a week (44lb) so far. My aim is to lose 56lb by xmas. I have done this the good old fashioned way but with the help of a personal trainer. I go to the gym regularly and I eat more now and more frequently than I ever have before but everything I eat (well, almost everything) is good clean nutritional food.

Well done on your weight loss through mfp so far and keep it up. Feel free to add me as a friend for more support of food ideas. And any one else if looking for genuine support:)
  • Jeremyjly
    Options
    Welcome aboard the coaster of my life.... always need fellow passengers.
  • Jeremyjly
    Options
    Weekends are so difficult! Arg.

Went out for Indian food for the first time, it was all carbs! Naan and rice and puri oh my!