5'2 286lbs want to lose at least 130lbs

Options
not happy with my body at all and ready to make a change! would love to meet some people either in the same weight range as myself, or others who want support and someone to talk to :)

Replies

• Notthistyme
    Options
    I know the feeling! Feel free to add me, we can motivate eachother!
  • 1verylovedmom
    1verylovedmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new here and am hoping to lose 150lbs. Feel free to add me. I can use all the support I can get. :smile:
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    Options
    In the same boat as you - wanting to drop about 75-100lbs at least. Feel free to add me (And that offer goes out to anyone else who'd like another friend)

:flowerforyou:
  • margaretha7
    Options
    Hi, i'm in oz so we use metric weights, i'm 120kgs, roughly 240lbs and want to get down to 75 kgs. not fussed on how long it takes just so long as it stays off. i was doing my fitness pal a few months ago then i got sick and stopped but i am back on again and looking forward to great results. when i used this program before, i lost about 15 kgs in about a month. thats about 30 lbs.
  • AAIKI777
    Options
    Please feel free to add me , I'm looking to lose about a buck and a quarter. I drive a semi cross country but I'm taking up Keysi and hitting the gym as much as I can , I would love anyone who wants to add me
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    not happy with my body at all and ready to make a change! would love to meet some people either in the same weight range as myself, or others who want support and someone to talk to :)

Welcome to the MFP family. You will find many awesome people here who will encourage and inspire you, as well as, e positive and motivational.

I am a former personal trainer. Read my profile for my qualifications and education background. I can offer assistance regarding exercise programs and provide additional support for you and anyone else in this thread that needs assistance. Feel free to ask those in my friends list how I am as well.

Feel free to send a friend invite and pick my brain for information.
  • honeybunchesofOhs
    Options

You can do it.
    I'm short and need to lose around 80lbs. By myself I've lost 22 but today is my official starting point.
    My DR recommends going to the YMCA and doing the water aerobics to start off. Plus walking my dogs and house cleaning can burn calories fast. One thing I've noticed, when I'm actually hungry, raw carrot sticks even taste good.

I'm also using a shake and a diet pill due to needing an extra push. With the diet pill I'm scared I'll not get the proper nutrition but the shake i choose tastes good and works. I've kept my old jeans to inspire me and will not be adding nice pieces to my wardrobe until I'm where I want to be.

Good luck. :-)

30691042.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like started out at 370 down to 302 and counting. Always willing to help anyone that wants it
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 5'0 and started at 240! I still plan to lose another 50 lbs so you can add me if you'd like!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

I'm your height and I only needed to lose 60 lbs but I did it at age 50. So I just want to encourage you that it can be done, at any age. All it takes is patience, and trusting the process, eat at a calorie deficit, exercise to make your body pretty when the weight is gone. It will take longer to build pretty lean body mass than it will to lose the fat so best to get started on it now.

Your body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but if you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale; water retention, digestion, hormones, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose or gain weight when they eat more or less because of these fluctuations.

Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You cannot make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.

The scale is a trend tool. The scale is good but put it away and only check once a week and only use it as a trend tool. It will fluctuate, it does not matter. Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.
  • UpBeatMaria
    UpBeatMaria Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Aloha and welcome to the MFP community!!! I would love to encourage and support you on this journey. You have already accomplished the hardest part, which is taking the first step to getting healthy and you should be very proud of yourself girl :)! I am a group fitness instructor, Zumba Fitness instructor and nutrition student. Please feel free to ask me any questions :) otherwise I will be here purely to support you on your journey!
  • Jacquilda
    Jacquilda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too, I'm looking to lose 60-70lbs but it's been slow going. Could also use some great motivating friends!
    Feel free to add me :-)
  • Cher2686
    Cher2686 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I need to lose AT LEAST 60 lbs and need a crew behind me. Be my rock and Ill be yours!
  • goldngrl86
    goldngrl86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently between 225-230 ( I haven't been weighed in months). I lost 17 pounds in 3 months (but gained alot of it back when I fell off the wagon) with the site. If you need to talk just message me. I started off at my high weight of 236 and I went down to 219. All it took was walking and creating my own strength training routine with moves I combined from different videos on the web. I did both or at least one 4-5 days a week and I at 1800 calories a day. I started at 1500 but I was too hungry during the day so I upped my caloric intake and the weight started to fall off during the 5th week. Anything else you want to know feel free to ask.
  • Boston726
    Boston726 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it just take one day at a time. I want to lose 100-130 as well. Its not easy but once you start doing the right thing's the weight will drop off good luck and add me if you would like.
  • Linda_Kaye
    Options
    Request sent!
    I need to .. no thats not right.. I AM GOING TO LOSE 100+ pounds!! :drinker:
    I also need more friends with a positive attitude for motivation and support. :happy:
    Anyone can add me.
  • givenshl
    Options
    You can do it. Keep your head up and go for it! :wink:
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I am still only halfway to goal...so I know how long a road it is! Anyone can feel free to add me :happy:
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!
    But it is hard and you have to stick to your self made program.
    I to am 5"2 weight was 264, it is today 115 (I am trying to stay at 115 but have dropped as low as 112)
    I wish I had done this in my 30's instead of my 50's
    Go for it!
  • caponef4
    Options
    You can add me, its hard doing it alone.