3% body fat and 9lbs to lose, newbie to the site hiya!

Options
Hi All,
I am new to this site and I think the topic says it all, I am 28 and my BMI etc is fine, but I want to achieve a weight goal, and more importantly for me a body fat % goal.

I have been overweight twice in the past, about 4yrs ago and when I was about 21, prior to that I was like a twig! I am conscious that age affects your weight and so I want to get as fit as I can in my late 20s and into my 30s to fend off any more weight gains.

My main problem is consumption of food, I can eat more than anyone I ever met and love takeaways etc, I have cut down loads and recently started to cook and eat better but still struggle especially as I live solo!

So hi to all, and good luck to everyone with their goals :-)

Replies

• SDsd
    SDsd Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! My boyfriend works away during the week so I eat solo most of the time too. In some ways it's a pain but it also means that you don't have people trying to convince you to eat stuff you know you shouldn't (silver lining). My BF is obsessed with pasta and can get a bit grumpy when I refuse to have any.

I find that logging what you plan to eat on MFP in advance really helps to control your food intake. Some things have way more cals that you thought and if you log them beforehand you have the chance to change it. It also helps for takeaway cravings. If I plan to say 'sod it' and get a curry, I would put (for instance) a curry, rice and naan bread into MFP beforehand. If you're anything like me the numbers on the screen will make you feel a bit ill and you'll change your choices a bit.

Also, if I have a bad weekend (as I did a couple of weeks ago) I force myself to put every single thing I ate and drank onto MFP. If I don't then I begin to play down what I actually ate in my mind. Seeing it on the screen makes it real and more difficult to forget (so much wine, why, WHY?!).

Hope this helps, and good luck!