Co worker doesn't have a clue!

Options
Fozzi43
Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
I was working at Powerplate last night and my co worker came in for a workout. One of my favourite exercises are bicep curls with 4 kg weights and tricep dips off the edge of the plate. She refused to do them on the basis that she would bulk up..I told it its virtually impossible for that to happen to a woman unless she is taking steroids but she is on a diet....would she listen to me? Hell no!

Crazy thing is that she wants arms like mine ( I do weights) but refuses to believe that's how I got them? :noway:

Just can't help some people :noway:

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    and she'll never get arms as great as yours ...
  • UpBeatMaria
    UpBeatMaria Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Biggest myth out there! Muscle burns fat :) Tell your co worker I have a female friend who lost 180lbs. using Les Mills Pump (which is all weights, very little cardio)!!! Sorry women, you will not get bulky by lifting weights ;)
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I've gotten smaller by doing weights/ using own body weight ie push ups etc...she got quite arsey with me :laugh:
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    Oh and I've put on a pound or two...:wink:
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    men would be upset if women thought it was that easy to bulk up hahaha
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    men would be upset if women thought it was that easy to bulk up hahaha

Yeah they would :laugh:
  • chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    Everyone of my friends here keeps warning me how if I use weights I will "bulk up" like the women in wwe... worse part is they're all pretty petite and toned without any workout...But hey am not so this is my way of toning up... and with this post of yours I know am right :).. At least I have someone with experience to show them! :D
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Frustrating...yes!
    Her loss...absolutely!
    I love your guns fozz :D
    x x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    some people r just stoooooopid!!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Some people are idiots!

"I want arms like yours, but I don't want to do what you do for them, in case I bulk up!" WTF!?
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    Co worker been in the the job two minutes and thinks she knows it all :laugh: