Bread problem

Options
Stupid me wasn't awake when I bought bread yesterday and bought sarah lee 45 calorie wheat. It is made with enriched wheat flour, so it is basically just white bread. Is it OK if I eat it? Will it make my blood sugar spike and be bad for me???

Replies

• Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Let me know asap!
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    oops, i think it posted twice...
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Unless you either have a problem with digesting normal bread, or sit and eat the whole lot in one go, I really wouldn't worry about it, tbh. Just make sure you look closer at the label next time you're shopping. :smile:
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    Unless you either have a problem with digesting normal bread, or sit and eat the whole lot in one go, I really wouldn't worry about it, tbh. Just make sure you look closer at the label next time you're shopping. :smile:

What is bad about white bread anyway???
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who'll tell you in detail :wink: but (don't tell anyone) I still eat it. And pasta. And rice. And I don't immediately get cravings for a ton of sugar. So that's why it's not a biggie to me.
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    Well, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who'll tell you in detail :wink: but (don't tell anyone) I still eat it. And pasta. And rice. And I don't immediately get cravings for a ton of sugar. So that's why it's not a biggie to me.

thanks, i eat white rice once i a while too
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Bread is just a filler. There's nothing in it that your body can use really. It blocks me up. If I have pizza, even the low calorie ones, I can't poo for days! I try to limit my bread intake to 2 rounds a day (if that) and I try to eat brown as it comes out a little quicker.
  • Pandasarecool
    Options

Bread is just a filler. There's nothing in it that your body can use really. It blocks me up. If I have pizza, even the low calorie ones, I can't poo for days! I try to limit my bread intake to 2 rounds a day (if that) and I try to eat brown as it comes out a little quicker.

So a peanut butter sandwich on this bread today isn't REALLY bad for me? I just feel so guilty...
  • 256Sept12
    Options
    I don't know the scientifics of why whte bread is bad...I just know that white bread, pasta, potatoes...in general, make people gain weight faster. There doesn't seem to be much nutritional value in it. Like someone else said, just a filler.

You eating this one loaf (not all in one day) while you stay activie won't hurt you.
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Nothing. Just one of the many myths people like to pedal on weight loss sites. If you eat a couple of slices a day it makes no difference whether the bread is white, brown, green or blue.