Seventy four kilo gram and only 168cm tall girl :(

Options
Hi everyone... I just stepped on the scales about an hour ago and broke down in tears at what it read back to me. I am only 19years old and would love some support to gain back my old body. My goal weight is to reach 66kg again which is where I can remember being most comfortable with my weight. Please add me if you are at a similar weight or age or just want a friend for support because I don't know where to
start or how to do this!! So I'd love your support :)

Replies

• msaziz1
    msaziz1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add my motivation is my profile picture where i'm at 66kg or 134lbs (now 74.3kg which is 164lbs. I'm still coming to terms with this new numbers)
  • InsanityFringe
    Options
    I'm in the same situation - us smaller girls gotta stick together! I'm 160cm and 77kg! I'll add you and we can help motivate each other :)
  • Mgetsfit
    Mgetsfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
    165cm tall, when I hit 70kg I started to change my eating habits, currently at 64, want to get down a little more :)

And edit: I have to say you 2 look great, no need for crying msaziz! ;)
  • sunshine1992
    sunshine1992 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 161cm and started at 78kg, now down to 72kg.

We will get there :) Feel free to add me as a friend. I am more active there then on the forums.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 25yo. 164cm. Was 79.6 kilo this time last year. 70kg now. Want to lose 5kg and 10% body fat
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Keep in mind that it's just a number, nothing more. It doesn't define you. You got this!!
  • SaBh93
    SaBh93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was 75kg at 170-ish cms in May 2012.

I'm 64kg now and trying to get leaner.

Add me. I'll support you.
  • SaBh93
    SaBh93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    66 kg is 145.5 pounds.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Now, you won't want to add me, for fairly obvious reasons, however, my tuppence worth is as follows:
    1. You are 5 foot 6 inches tall and weigh eleven and half stone and want to lose about a stone (14lbs)
    2. You are 19

No worries.
    Log everything you eat. Be honest, no matter how embarrassed you feel about something you ate. You can keep your diary private or just open to people on your friends list if this worries you. Mine for example is open to anyone who wants to look.
    This way you may pick up things that are getting under your "food radar" when you are not thinking about it.
    You will get nagged by the program if you under- or over-eat but when it comes to protein and fibre I tend to ignore these (after 36 years of marriage this come easily).
    So, selectively ignore MFP's sums.

If not already, get more active - you don't have to pay gym fees for this, but it helps with the motivation and overcome feelings of isolation - (I find, anyway).

You are 19 - your life is before you. Cheer up. You'll find lots of friends of your age, travelling the same road. You will also get lots of Mr & Mrs (or Ms) "You don't want to do it like that" here - but you will quickly earn whom to ignore.

Best wishes - don't starve yourself

Good luck
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    oooops! I have poor, orphaned, homeless "L" on my keyboard: 'earn' = 'Learn'
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you can do it! :)
    I'm 24, the same height as you and used to be 83 kg back in March, when I started MFP.
  • DivaTendencies86
    DivaTendencies86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Here's one to make you feel better, I'm 162 cm and am on 103.5kg down from 107.5kg. I was never fat, but I let myself go and now i'm paying the price.

Crying is not going to help anything though. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you need to hold yourself accountable for having gained that weight and you just need to make a conscious decision to lose it.

Good luck
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, 5' 6'' and currently 80 kgs, trying to get down to 65 or so. Don't worry, we can do this! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, 164cms.. I was 96.7 am now down to 78.6 everyone feel free to add me :)
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 24, 168cm tall and weigh 83,5kg (my highest weight was 90kg..).
    When I was 19 I weighed 82kg and I've only now really started to change my ways. My goal is 65kg so quite similar to yours.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 168 cm and 71.5 kg. Feel free to add me :)
  • PlushHyena
    Options
    I'm taller, but I weigh 70-and-too-much kg... Even 70 would be good for me, but I might go further down if I reach that. :) Add me if you want.