Eating back calories HELP!!!

Options
ok.. so i struggle to eat my 1200 daily of healthy foods.
I want to exercise daily, but im ony just managing to up my calories and dont want my body to go back into starvation mode if the exercise burnt calories arent being made up.

So basically im wondering, should i eat back my calories..?? Do you ??
Any tips on any aspect of nutrition and exercise much appreciated, ive only lost 2lb in 5 weeks! :(

Replies

• kmudica
    kmudica Posts: 29
    Options
    I usually eat back mine to stay out of starvation mode. But i try to continue with good food choices. no cupcake rewards for working out here :o)
  • 256Sept12
    Options
    I do not eat back my calories. My goal is to eat 1200 c a day, many days I eat less than that :(
    I don't really mean to eat less...I just find it hard to eat so much when i'm losing weight.

So like you said, if I can't eat my normal amount of calories...how can I eat back my exercise calories?
    I no longer think about starvation mode. I feel good throughout the day, energized, up beat...so I feel I'm fine.
    If the day comes to where I am sluggish, dizzy, tired...then I will eat more.
  • AliciaAnne1984
    Options
    We are all different and we lose weight in different ways. Maybe experiment with eating back the calories (or some of them) and see how you go. Personally I am on 1200 a day, I workout most days and rarely eat back my calories (maybe once or twice a week). I am steadily losing weight at about 1kg a week... That's just me :)
  • ad5561
    ad5561 Posts: 2
    Options
    I too am a bit concerned about eating back my calories burned during exercise. I am finding it very difficult to take in the number of calories (1800) MFP has suggested for me. I exercise every day, so that number is just a starting point. For example, yesterday I took in about 1200 calories and that was only after eating a few peanut butter crackers as a snack. I am well below all my recommended numbers. According to MFP, I still have another 900+ calories to go for yesterday. Should I force feed myself? Of course not, but I think I need to do something.