My turn to bring in a snack...HELP!

Options
Ok, I'm stressing out. Our department has "Food Friday" each week, and we all take turns bringing in a snack -- usually something that can be eaten in the morning (people don't like to wait..lol). Tomorrow is my day to bring in something!!! :ohwell: I'm trying to bring in something tasty and healthy, without blatantly forcing "diet food" down my coworkers' throats. Any suggestions???

Replies

• Racleeyou
    Racleeyou Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    These are awesome. My SIL made some and I plan on making these this weekend.

Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 boxed chocolate cake mix (I used sugar free)

1 small can of pumpkin puree 15 ounce

6 ounces of chocolate chips

**MAKES 48 mini cupcakes**

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix together cake mix and canned pumpkin. It is best to use a mixer for about 2 minutes on medium speed to get fluffier cupcakes.

Add in almost all of the 6 ounces of chocolate chips

Put in a muffin tin with liners. Batter is dense and does not rise much so these can be filled to the top.

Add a few tiny chips to the tops.

Bake for 22-25 min until a toothpick inserted comes out clean!

**ENJOY!**
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Cook chicken breast in a crock pot with buffalo sauce until it falls apart, stir in greek yogurt or Nuefchatel cheese (naturally lower in fat than cream cheese), and serve with celery and crackers as a buffalo chicken dip.
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Instructions:

Mix together cake mix and canned pumpkin. It is best to use a mixer for about 2 minutes on medium speed to get fluffier cupcakes.

Put in a muffin tin with liners. Batter is dense and does not rise much so these can be filled to the top.

**ENJOY!**

Oh my word! That sounds so good!
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with a bowl of mixed fruit!
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Cooking isn't really something i'm good at, so if I were in your situation I would probably just bring in something like cheese/meat tray and then a fruit/veggie type tray.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    My favorite brunch item to bring:

Slice about 1 apple per person- i like to alternate granny smith and honey crisps--dip slice apples in pineapple juice so they dont turn brown

Mix nonfat vaniila flavored yogert with as much cinnamon as you like for a dip

Arrange apple slices on a platter, dip in the middle
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Instructions:

**ENJOY!**

Oh my word! That sounds so good!

This sounds so good! It's healthier and festive yet great for a morning treat.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dynad
    dynad Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers has a cup cake recipe the cup cake is 1 point,

Any flavor cake mix I use duncan Hines and 1 can 16oz of Libby's pumpkin pie just hand mix the 2 together....til creamy. then make cupcakes!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Cook chicken breast in a crock pot with buffalo sauce until it falls apart, stir in greek yogurt or Nuefchatel cheese (naturally lower in fat than cream cheese), and serve with celery and crackers as a buffalo chicken dip.

That sounds so good! As a matter of fact, that sounds like dinner tonight ... :wink:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    My favorite brunch item to bring:

Slice about 1 apple per person- i like to alternate granny smith and honey crisps--dip slice apples in pineapple juice so they dont turn brown

Mix nonfat vaniila flavored yogert with as much cinnamon as you like for a dip

Arrange apple slices on a platter, dip in the middle

This is awesome! I think I will do this as a single serve snack for me :)
    Thank you!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with a bowl of mixed fruit!
    Fruit salad is wonderful -- and most people will like it. To sweeten it up even more, you can drizzle just a tad of honey and squeeze a lime over it -- the lime juice and honey together are WONDERFUL.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

That sounds so good! As a matter of fact, that sounds like dinner tonight ... :wink:

One of my favorite dinners is that, with a half a bag of pepper and onion stir fry mixed in, over oven baked waffle fries. Not a terribly healthy dinner, but sooooooo good!
  • TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Great for breakfast, brunch, lunch etc. And if making for yourself, you can freeze them and they're reheated easily.

Healthy Spinache quiches - 12 servings

1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
    3/4 cup liquid egg substitute or I use like 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites
    3/4 cup low-fat cheese, shredded
    1/4 cup green pepper, diced
    1/4 cup onion, diced
    3 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)

Optional: adding small amount of bacon or ham

Directions:

1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
    2 Microwave spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high. Drain excess liquid.
    3 Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
    4 Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, and spinach in a bowl. Mix well.
    5 Divide evenly among muffin cups.
    6 Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Can be served at room temperature and still awesome. Perfect single servings. No slicing required!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers has a cup cake recipe the cup cake is 1 point,

Any flavor cake mix I use duncan Hines and 1 can 16oz of Libby's pumpkin pie just hand mix the 2 together....til creamy. then make cupcakes!

I've made these and they are the most moist delicious cupcakes yummy
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Instructions:

**ENJOY!**

I made mine in a loaf pan to make bread!! It is delicious!! And so easy to make!!!
  • christou84
    christou84 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love hummus and veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, red/green bell pepers) ... Yummy... we do that all the time at work
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    now i am hungry, where is your office i can stop by tomorrow, you should make ALL this stuff! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Mmm, that sounds yummy!