Newbie whose name is Ben

Options
Hello,

Hoping everybody is having a great day!

I started my journey in August. A few weeks ago is when I started MFP. Being an overweight Coloradan puts me in the minority. I have been a yo-yo dieter. I have struggled with eating poorly, but I feel like I am on the right track.....finally!

Really enjoying the MFP diary, scan bar code, and progress! I have found myself being so aware of my caloric input....

Hoping to get support from other MFP's!

Good luck on your journey!

-Ben

Replies

• WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    Welcome Ben! I am a former CO resident, I know what you mean. Everyone looks like they are on the cover of Outside magazine!

Good luck!
  • RockyColorado
    Options
    Thank you! I am finally in this 100%....And I am seeing the benefits already!
  • jodie091
    Options
    Hello Ben

Glad you are joining us. Feel free to add me and good luck on your journey :)
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Howdy Ben, I am a little North of you in Montana. This site has a lot of great tools and people who are willing to offer advice and support and has been very valuable to me.

John
  • tlmitchell70
    tlmitchell70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome. MFP is a great tool for weight loss. Feel free to add me :)
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This post made me giggle. But only because I am looking to possibly move to Colorado in the next few years and when I started researching it my first thought was "I am going to be the only overweight person in the state Welcome to MFP and best of luck on your journey. You'll be hiking the mountains and mountain biking in no time!
  • RockyColorado
    Options
    A great state to live in if you want to be physically active! I am starting slow, but I have a crazy thought,,,,,Trying to run a 1/2 marathon next Fall. High aspirations, but it would be something challenging to work towards and high reward!
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A great state to live in if you want to be physically active! I am starting slow, but I have a crazy thought,,,,,Trying to run a 1/2 marathon next Fall. High aspirations, but it would be something challenging to work towards and high reward!

I think this is an awesome goal to work towards. Seems attainable...good luck!
  • steph1014
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your progress thus far.
  • RockyColorado
    Options
    Thank you! Not sure what I would be doing without MFP!

I welcome any friends "support"
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Ben! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options

You can totally do this! I'm aiming for 10 miles by April.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome and feel free to add me for support!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me but only if you kick my a** when I need it!
  • RockyColorado
    Options
    A half a pound away from the 180's.....for the first time since Freshman/Sophomore year of High School!????

Thanks again for the support
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome welcome!
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello Ben,
    Nice to meet you. Feel free to add me if you would like. Hope your journey is successful :smile:
  • rummy1958
    Options
    Welcome Ben, good luck on your Journey. I have been doing MFP for quite some time, off and on, mostly off.

Maybe we can support each other. I am from Utah.

Feel free to add me as a Friend.
  • jlopez9604
    jlopez9604 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Ben,

I as well am looking for support on my journey as well. Looking to form a network. Feel free to add me
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is power Ben. This tool has really helped me be more aware, just like you. Keep up the good work.

Check out bodybuilding.com for some good free workout plans. Here's the one I'm on. There are other free ones too by age, gender, and your goal (fat loss or bulk up). It's like having a free personal trainer.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer-intro.html