Losing weight, but not getting smaller

Options
I've been losing weight for about 6 weeks now, and have lost 14lbs. I know this is great progress, but I can't help feel disheartened. I have been a size 16 since I started and have not lost a dress size. I have a pair of jeans that are a size too small and they still don't fit (I swear they felt tighter last week!!). How can a Special K 2 week diets say you can lose a dress size in 2 weeks but 6 weeks healthy lifestyle doesn't do anything!

How long until I can physically see the difference? :'(

Replies

• bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    They reckon anywhere between 10 and 20lbs is a dress/trouser size. Its different for everyone. Personally i've already lost an inch from my neck but nothing from my waiste (from what i can tell!). I think i'll lose it from the face and neck first

You could be the same?
  • KateS211
    KateS211 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started at the same weight as you. I had to lose over 20 lbs before I saw a difference in my clothing. Keep working hard. You'll get there soon and it will feel amazing when you do!
  • Progresseternal
    Progresseternal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also think that just because you haven't seen a drop in dress size doesn't mean you won't eventually. Keep going! It will change maybe in different ways. Do you feel better since you lost 14 lbs?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    How can a Special K 2 week diets say you can lose a dress size in 2 weeks but 6 weeks healthy lifestyle doesn't do anything!

They lie. :grumble:

I was getting frustrated around the 12 pound mark because nothing seemed different, but from 15 pounds on, it was a whirlwind of change.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've been losing weight for about 6 weeks now, and have lost 14lbs. I know this is great progress, but I can't help feel disheartened. I have been a size 16 since I started and have not lost a dress size. I have a pair of jeans that are a size too small and they still don't fit (I swear they felt tighter last week!!). How can a Special K 2 week diets say you can lose a dress size in 2 weeks but 6 weeks healthy lifestyle doesn't do anything!

A LOT of people wear a size too small, so when they lose weight, they end up fitting into the size they're already wearing because they were actually supposed to be wearing a different size.

Also, depending on your build, you might be losing size in, say, your legs or chest but not yet from your hips or belly.
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I was thinking pretty much the same thing yesterday, I've lost 15 lbs but all my clothes are still tight. I do have one fewer chin, but it didn't weigh 15 lbs! Have I lost 15 lbs from my internal organs??? It is odd. It's a little disheartening that after all this time, no-one can see any difference.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hang in there.

Keep doing great and you WILL eventually see epic results.
  • sem021966
    Options
    I feel the same. I've lost about 40 lbs all together now but still no loss is dress/pant size. My pants are starting to feel a little loose, but still fit at the waist and haven't really seen any difference in shirts. Also, no one has commented that it looks like I'm losing so they probably don't see it either - very discouraging.
  • KateS211
    KateS211 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. I've lost about 40 lbs all together now but still no loss is dress/pant size. My pants are starting to feel a little loose, but still fit at the waist and haven't really seen any difference in shirts. Also, no one has commented that it looks like I'm losing so they probably don't see it either - very discouraging.

Don't be discouraged, be motivated!! I too was getting frustrated that no one was noticing my weight-loss, so I made it a personal goal to work even harder and keep losing until someone noticed. And let me tell you, when it finally happened, it was a moment I'll never forget.
  • VikkiJL
    VikkiJL Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My engagement ring is looser... maybe I've lost my 14lbs from my fingers! haha :) I have measured recently, and have lost 2 inches from my waist, and 2 from my thighs but everything else is the same.

It's frustrating as the two areas I want to lose from are bum and my boobs! ARGH

I want to get married next Autumn, and would need to order a wedding dress by february if we set a date, so I REALLY hope I get smaller :(
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's frustrating as the two areas I want to lose from are bum and my boobs! ARGH

You may not. Mine remain the same size, no matter what I weigh. It comes down to whether they're more fat or more mammary tissue, unfortunately. I'd love mine to get smaller.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    ive seen a few posts about this, and i can also agree myself : For example, I wear a 10 and./or 12 size pants. and i had a BIG-O muffin top. Now, ive lost 4 lbs and i know i just started, but, i feel comfortable in my clothes. and my muffin top is not HUMOUNGOUES!!! So could it bee that you were wearing a size(s) too small and thats why you havent lost a dress size? i bet you fit better in your clothes now, perhaps its even the right size for you right not. :)
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning!

Special K 2 weeks lose a dress size rubbish and I'm 7lbs on, 2 months in and not seen a thing :-(
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Don't fret! I am down almost 40 pounds and am JUST NOW getting into a smaller size, which is still tight. Try strength training. It helps you keep your lean body mass while shedding fat. It has helped me lose inches !