Spaghetti n Sauce BEST SUBSTITUTE

Options
So simple!!
get a Spaghetti Squash cut it length wise and take all the seeds out place in the over at 375 F i put face up bake for 1 hour!!! then let it cool for a bit and take a fork and fork it it will come out looking like spaghetti(FYI IT MAKES A LOT!!!) AND its like NO calories!! I've been living on it for my detox!

I made a tomato sauce with it.

1 can of Stewed Tomatoes
1 green pepper (sliced)
8 ounces of baby portabella mushrooms sliced( i take the stems off)
1/2 yellow onion chopped
3 gloves of garlic minced
1T of re pepper flakes(if you dont like spicy leave it out)
Canola oil cooking spray

Spray a non stick pan with cooking spray and put in onions and garlic when the become translucent(about 3-5 minutes) toss in the peppers and mushrooms cook till soft about about 10 minutes. while the peppers and mushroom are sauteing open the can of tomatoes take the tomatoes out but keep the liquid its in chop the tomatoes when the pepper and mushrooms are soft and sauteed throw the tomatoes in and throw some Salt and Pepper in .... stir cook for about 30-45 minutes stir occasionally.
Throw over the spaghetti squash and its delicious!!!! It's not like real spaghetti but its a DAMN good substitute
I'm doing the TLS detox diet I'm on the first week which is all Vegetables and fruit(mainly veggies only 3 servings a fruit a day)

Replies

• rocakes
    rocakes Posts: 44
    Options
    Edit - throw the sauce you reserved in with it too when you throw the tomatoes in
  • jezzydoll
    Options
    I tried this for my cleanse! It is amazing!!!!
  • Evansmama29
    Evansmama29 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sounds great - thanks!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Not going to work on a cleanse BUT I cut my spaghetti squash lengthwise then add sauce and some mozzerella into the cavity and THEN bake! It's a fabulous low calorie way to get my baked macaroni fix in. Nom nom nom
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    So simple!!
    get a Spaghetti Squash cut it length wise and take all the seeds out place in the over at 375 F i put face up bake for 1 hour!!! then let it cool for a bit and take a fork and fork it it will come out looking like spaghetti(FYI IT MAKES A LOT!!!) AND its like NO calories!! I've been living on it for my detox!

I made a tomato sauce with it.

1 can of Stewed Tomatoes
    1 green pepper (sliced)
    8 ounces of baby portabella mushrooms sliced( i take the stems off)
    1/2 yellow onion chopped
    3 gloves of garlic minced
    1T of re pepper flakes(if you dont like spicy leave it out)
    Canola oil cooking spray

Spray a non stick pan with cooking spray and put in onions and garlic when the become translucent(about 3-5 minutes) toss in the peppers and mushrooms cook till soft about about 10 minutes. while the peppers and mushroom are sauteing open the can of tomatoes take the tomatoes out but keep the liquid its in chop the tomatoes when the pepper and mushrooms are soft and sauteed throw the tomatoes in and throw some Salt and Pepper in .... stir cook for about 30-45 minutes stir occasionally.
    Throw over the spaghetti squash and its delicious!!!! It's not like real spaghetti but its a DAMN good substitute
    I'm doing the TLS detox diet I'm on the first week which is all Vegetables and fruit(mainly veggies only 3 servings a fruit a day)

You need to post this in the spaghetti squash thread! This is the best recipe for spaghetti squash that I've seen yet! I'm making this tonight! Swear to God! :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/757783-my-favorite-spaghetti-squash-recipe-what-s-yours

ETA: Except I will have to use Vidalia onion instead of yellow onion unless I go to the store.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am having leftovers of this for lunch today. :love:
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Haven't be able to find Spaghetti squash in the UK...no fair:sad: