Food intolerance

Options
cloe31
cloe31 Posts: 75 Member
So I found out about 2 years ago that I have several food intolerances. Which is a total bummer. I used to get the belly aches, the bloating, the head fog. And I still do but recently I've been getting migraines when I eat something I can't tolerate.

I am wondering is anyone out there like me? And what odd symptoms do you get when you eat something you are intolerable to?

Thanks

Replies

• lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I had that for years... then I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, and a corn intolerance. So I feel for you. Once I figured out what made me sick, I have been so much better. But I will still fall victim to cross contamination, which can suck.....
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I found out about 8 months ago I have a gluten intolerance. It has been hard adjusting, but I am getting much better at it and being able to say no to the foods that make me suffer.

I also getting the bloating, tummy issues, head fog as well as migraines, fatigue and even muscle aches. I feel so much better when I stick to a gluten free diet.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I recently realized that the terrible migraines I've had since I was a kid (and sometimes every day for months) are triggered by peanut butter. Bummer, since it's been one of my favorite foods. :sad:
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Eliminate the suspected food from your diet for 30 days and then see how you feel.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yup, and other symptoms I get are inflammation (arthritis pain and runny nose), geographic tongue, mouth blisters (not cankers as these are just annoying blisters that once popped no longer hurt), anxiety, and tinnitus.
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I am lactose intolerant (have been for years) and am currently in testing for food allergies. While I wait on the test results, I am going gluten free and already feel much better. Hang in there. It can be managed and you can stay healthy and feel good (or at least that's what I'm telling myself :ohwell: ).
  • NewIve
    NewIve Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I am allergic to Peanuts, Melons, apples, kiwi and strawberries (just to name a few). When I eat anyting with these fruits I swell up and my ear itch SO BAD! Two weeks ago I added a corn intolerance to the mix..:noway:

It's annoying but I am starting to get the hang of avoiding these foods. I must admit I feel great when I do.
  • apponly
    apponly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, LOL, you have my sincere sympathy! MFP is a very useful tracking tool to help nail down the culprits and avoid the suspects in the future.

In my late 20s I found out I was allergic to ingredients in wine, beers, and most liquors because I started getting an almost instant migraine after the first sip. End of the party days but I don't miss those headaches at all!

I recently found out I have celiac when the symptoms became a bit more distressing than just bloating, disfunction and abdominal pain. I have low blood pressure but I was also having sudden drops that produced severely low blood pressure readings that caused me to pass out, nerve pain, spasms and numbness, and fatigue. My doctor found out I was generally sick from the mal-absorption and on top of it I wasn't eating enough because I felt way too sick afterwards. (.. what goes in must eventually come out and it was very painful at times)

Best wishes to you!
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm sure i have an intolerance to some food but at the moment i'm not sure what.

I get a lot of bloating / feeling uncomfortable / lethargic but haven't pin pointed it to a 'type' of food yet.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    There are about 15 foods I cannot eat. You'll see them on my profile.

Feel free to add me as well!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I have found that excessive MSG makes me "useless". Head fog is a good description.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I get horrible migraines (currently on day 4 1/2 of this one)...I'm still trying to pin it down to see if it's a type of food, weather or what not.... :(
  • cloe31
    cloe31 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's probably food intolerances. Start by taking dairy out and then wheat.