An egg within an egg!!!

Options

Replies

• cindaroses
    Options
    I have 9 hens too! The girls are 23 weeks tomorrow and I have only gotten 4 damn eggs! They're on layer pellets (and dinner scraps) Anyone have a clue why they aren't laying?

They need light to lay. Maybe since the days are getting shorter they aren't laying yet. You can put a light in the coop.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    very cool!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    weird...but very very cool
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I love it when my chicken lay strange eggs! I love when I can show off a Giant egg, regular sized egg, then the tiny mini eggs. Double yolkers are my favorite for sure... Good luck you know. :wink:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Weirdest.thing.ever.

^^
    I don't think I could eat either parts of the egg!
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Fraternal twin chickens
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    super bizarre! that was a great read.
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have 9 hens too! The girls are 23 weeks tomorrow and I have only gotten 4 damn eggs! They're on layer pellets (and dinner scraps) Anyone have a clue why they aren't laying?

I have chickens too... some of our girls didn't start laying until they were 25 weeks or so. The other issue we run into is weather, I swear they hate the change of season. Every time the weather changes they take a week or two off! :)

Swear, chickens are the best pets ever!

Love the double egg by the way! I have never had one of those!!!
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    :smile: wow
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    chickens are just getting pregnant younger and younger these days... it's a shame.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Eggception! Crazy! (but kinda awesome)
  • Sahara0815
    Options
    Oh sure ... it's all good until you grow a third eye from eating these eggs. :tongue:
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Very weirdly cool! Gonna check that site out just cuz.... :-P
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what to say...that's just starnge $#!t right there! I want pet chickens to too. I wonder if that's legal here in my town...hmmm
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    chickens are just getting pregnant younger and younger these days... it's a shame.

:drinker:
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    fertilized embryo?
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Mind = Blown
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of one of those "WTF" posts I saw on FB the other day, it was a snapshot of some girl who had asked a question on Ask! Yahoo.

"If I have sex while pregnant and I am pregnant with a baby girl can the baby girl get pregnant while I'm pregnant?"

"Yes and if you're not careful the baby's baby can also get pregnant so it will continue on like a neverending cycle"
  • katiekrusher
    Options
    That's funny, I had a double yolker a few days ago! Haha pretty cool

9vblu8.jpg
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Okay, that's majorly cool, but you threw me off with the quarter in the very last picture. I was like, 'You are sh!ttin me! What kind of hocus pocus voodoo is she doing with these hens to make a quarter come out of the egg??'.... but now I see that the quarter was used for size comparison. *Whew*