Too much sex?

Options
Ok perhaps not totally related and relavent for a weight loss forum but I need advice and figured I would put it out there!! Ok so my partner and I have always had a healthy sex life. That was one of the things that we both haven't really had chemistry with in former partners in the past.

Anyhow recently we were talking about things guys do to get laid and it was a joke about no guy cleans the house faster than when he thinks he is going to get some.... so my response was well how come you don't clean the house like every day then ;) lol. His response was along the lines well if I held out maybe he would have to.... It got me thinking are we having sex too much. It sounded like it was potentially being taken for granted for on his end.

Me personally we have a lot less than when we got together a year and a half ago. Now it is once every day or two. Twice a day on a good day. When we were new it was like 3+ times per day. That was before we blended our families though and we now have 4 kids in the house so that cuts into adult time lol

Replies

• uk_james
    uk_james Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's such a thing as too much sex, if you're having sex loads, just enjoy and don't question it! My partner and I have a very loving, healthy sex life too, we've both got high sex drives and make the most of that. I dont bother logging the calories cos its just part of (virtually daily, at least once) baseline and hey, could be seen as showing off! One of my favourite ways of breaking a sweat and releasing those happy hormones :)
  • Mommyfate
    Mommyfate Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No such thing as too much sex, unless it's harming you in some way (friction burn or something like that). Sex is healthy, and a vital part of a functional relationship. I say have fun with it... its an excellent way to burn calories, work up a sweat, and get your heart rate up. Not to mention the endorphins and the fact that it just feels good :wink: I try to have sex 6 or 7 times a week. And if i fall asleep before it happens, you bet your butt that is how I wake my husband up in the morning!