old newbie.....in need of support

Options
Hello all, like my title says, ive been on this site for a while, used to be here a couple of years back also, but I cant seem to stick to it,

I used to love to excercise, my life changed completly, (got separeted, got married, new house, and trying to get pg for a 3rd child with new hubby)

Throug all that, gained 20 lbs :( and everytime i start, it lasts for maybe 1 month and then,..blerch, i quit and then restart and quit and so on

HEEEEEELP ME

Replies

• royabarrette
    Options
    seems we have some other things in common beside teaching. for me it helps to read about other experiences and i think it is very usual to quit new and right eating style and exercise after 4 weeks!
    pls don't stay away from here for a very long time or meet some friends with the same targets in daily life.

plus, imagine in my country -iran- if you get a free time it's really hard to get out for a workout and running anytime of the day but i believe you can do much better. pls stay on this right track!

p.s. good luck with the 3rd baby plan!! ^^
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hi. Seeing as how you've done pregnancy before you know that the baby will benefit from every healthy choice you make. The impetus really has to be internal though. Others can cheer you on as you make good choices and encourage you to get back on path when you make less optimal choices but that drive to keep going? It's got to be all you lady.

If an old lady of 45 with a good track record of participation might be of assistance please FR me. :smile:
  • Sarahmarie51285
    Options
    Good luck with your baby plan! I am wishing you the best. I am the same way, I get excited about my diet for a couple of weeks, then I have one cheat day, and one turns into two, turns into three, turns into no diet for me. I started watching what I was eating an started to work out, I lost about 5 pounds in a month, and rewarded myself with some ice cream...everyday...for about 2 weeks, and that diet was over. I know I can do it, and so can you!! Let's support each other!
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • sweetiepaia
    sweetiepaia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I"ve done the same diet as you! yeah doesnt work haha....so now my new way of saying "way to go" for my weight loss.....an new lululemon outfit! hehe.....as soo as i loose that darn 15 lbs in comes the new outfit....cant gain weight with that ;)
  • sweetkeys
    sweetkeys Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you can do this!!! add me if you'd like - i'm on all the time!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    It has to become like brushing my teeth for me. I did the same thing as you did. I joined back in 2008 I think it was, and stuck for 3 months then drifted away. Now I don't think I will ever leave because I have formed a "good" habit. MFP is my homepage so it's the first thing I see when I turn on my laptop in the a.m. Plus I made a point of really talking with people here and got "into" MFP instead of just being "around". I love MFP twice as much as I ever loved Facebook which I never loved so that doesn't work. Let's see, I love it more then looking for a mate (been single 16 years now, :laugh: ) Ok, so make MFP your homepage and a priority to come here first thing when you get your coffee or whatever. Yack with people here EVERYDAY:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: It works if you work it;) I haven't reached my goal and struggle with how much to eat etc. but, like I said, this is a big piece of my life right here:bigsmile: Denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • stepupnow
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Me too, so I pleaded with my sister to join and now we send each other email messages thorough this site so we log in every day. My goal is to just log my food and log my exercise. The number on the scale will say what it will, but logging in everyday helps me stay grounded and not go into that auto pilot zone. Get a good friend and chat via this site every day and use the phone app to if you can as it will pop up when you have a message. Good for you for asking for support.
  • mgcme
    mgcme Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome back - Feel free to added me as a support friend.
  • sweetiepaia
    sweetiepaia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It has to become like brushing my teeth for me. I did the same thing as you did. I joined back in 2008 I think it was, and stuck for 3 months then drifted away. Now I don't think I will ever leave because I have formed a "good" habit. MFP is my homepage so it's the first thing I see when I turn on my laptop in the a.m. Plus I made a point of really talking with people here and got "into" MFP instead of just being "around". I love MFP twice as much as I ever loved Facebook which I never loved so that doesn't work. Let's see, I love it more then looking for a mate (been single 16 years now, :laugh: ) Ok, so make MFP your homepage and a priority to come here first thing when you get your coffee or whatever. EVERYYack with people here DAY:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: It works if you work it;) I haven't reached my goal and struggle with how much to eat etc. but, like I said, this is a big piece of my life right here:bigsmile: Denise:drinker: :drinker:

the first time i came here i didnt really add friends or anything just did the food and excersise, but i think the "Yack with people here everyday" seems to be nice. the reason i came back was because i was getting emails from MFP cause one girl was posting on my wall. so here i am....hopefully to stay and actually reach my goal