How much for a Nintendo Wii?

Options
Hubby wants me to bid on a Wii this evening while he is at work. What did y'all pay for yours and what would be a reasonable bid. Looking at one with 2 remotes, 2 nunchucks and the set of 5 sports games and the additional 9 Wii Play games. Help please! Don't want to waste money if I can get it cheaper. Thanks.:smile:

Replies

• 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Hubby wants me to bid on a Wii this evening while he is at work. What did y'all pay for yours and what would be a reasonable bid. Looking at one with 2 remotes, 2 nunchucks and the set of 5 sports games and the additional 9 Wii Play games. Help please! Don't want to waste money if I can get it cheaper. Thanks.:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Don't bid, they are in stores again. $250 retail.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If you're going ebay, I reccomend bidding late at night. I got mine for about 250$ because I managed to hit it a time when there wasn't anyone else looking I guess. It was used too.

You can get them new for about 300-350$ but that will only come with one remote/nunchuk, unless you get the wiiplay edition which comes with two.
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    Thanks guys!:smile:
  • rainysoul
    rainysoul Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi there!
    I have a Wii!
    LOVE IT!

However, check your local walmart, Best buy any sort of store that sells electronics you will spend so much more going online.
    They ALL come with the ONE game that has the multiple games with it (Bowling, boxing, tennis etc)
    Make some calls, find out about their truck dates... Some stores allow a waiting list. Some dont. But they will usually tell you when the truck comes, and such. When we first got ours, we were in a line at walmart at midnight lol

We just bought the Wii Fit last night as well! LOVE IT LOVE IT!
    Really nice if you are looking to lose weight and get healthy!
    Our walmart had Wiis in as well, so I think the demand for them is starting to calm down!

Good luck, and feel free to email me if you have any more questions!
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options

So the Wii is 249.99 (plus tax, if applicable in your area). It comes with 1 wiimote and 1 nunchuck and the sport game.

1 nunchuck is 19.99 and 1 wiimote is 39.99.

Wii play is 49.99, but also comes with a nunchck.

So, if you were to buy the system , plus wii play and 1 nunchuck it would come to 319.97 (plus tax)

I wouldn't buy it on ebay either. You're going to have to pay shipping (which I've seen run $20-30) and you're going to have to wait to get it. Try calling stores in your area. They're coming back in stock again.

Good luck getting one. I love mine and it's totally worth it.

Oh, and Wii fit is $89.99 and comes with the game and balance board.
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    So a couple of you have mentioned that you can get it for $250 - where is that at? Wal-mart?
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    every where that sells it. That's the MSRP.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Yep, try that or Gamestop, my local one had a few earlier this week. :wink:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I used to have a Wii...

:grumble: