workout dvd recommendations please! :)

Options
I have been running on the treadmill and doing the 30DS. I will be done with the 30DS soon, and am getting burned out on running. I would love to get a couple new workout DVD's to do, and alternate them every day.

What workout DVD's do you guys recommend? I'd ultimately love one that is all cardio, and one that mixes a little cardio, and weights/strength training. I'd love to hear what works for you guys!! Thanks.

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I really like The Firm cardio sculpt and Brazil Butt Lift - if you liked 30DS you might like JM's cardio kickboxing DVD....
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

BUMP
  • napson
    napson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like Biggest Loser Bootcamp, Biggest Loser Cardio Max, Billy Blanks Boot Camp and P90X
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    LOVE brazil butt lift.. So did my husband,,.. But if you really want to know a tough as nails, non bulking workout.. I *kitten* you not.. Tracy Anderson Method. It is THEE hardest work out i have ever kept up with.. But I love the toning.

Good luck! have fun! Do work!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam!
  • JBWILLOW
    JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Jari Love Ripped 1000 and any of Billy Blanks dvds
  • JBWILLOW
    JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LOVE brazil butt lift.. So did my husband,,.. But if you really want to know a tough as nails, non bulking workout.. I *kitten* you not.. Tracy Anderson Method. It is THEE hardest work out i have ever kept up with.. But I love the toning.

Good luck! have fun! Do work!

What kind of workout is the Tracy Anderson Method? Is it a toning dvd? Weights?
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people on here have been following up 30DS with Ripped in 30.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I get all of my DVDs from the local libraries. Lots to choose from and they're free!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com and totalfitnessdvds.com allow you to see video clips of workouts - these sites are great because you can see what is too hard - too easy etc.

Netflix rental (by mail) has hundreds of DVDs - nice to test drive videos before buying

Favorite instructors: Kelly Coffey Meyer - Michelle Dozois & Chris Freytag
  • Charissaann82
    Options
    Any of Leslie Sansone's mile-walking dvds. You will definitely see results.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna try Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown after the 30DS. Then 6W6P. Then Killer Bun and Thighs :) lol. Then Ripped in 30!
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire burns about the same amount as running with upbeat music and time goes by really fast.
    If you still kinda enjoy running, Les Mills PUMP does 3 days strength and the other days you can add in your own cardio, I usually run on those days. :)
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Head to your local library and see what they have there. My local library has lots to choose from and it allows me to test drive them before I decide if I want to buy them.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    If you liked JM's 30DS workout you could try the Ripped in 30, I like that one better and find it a little more difficult than 30DS, plus there are four levels
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    If you go on isohunt.com you can download all sorts of workouts for nothing. I downloaded the 'Insanity' workout and it's great!
  • grecogab90
    grecogab90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the ideas, I'm going to check them all out!
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I also love Ripped in 30 by Jillian (very similar to 30DS but I think its actually harder). There are two other DVDs by her I do regularly, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. You know the cardio and strength moves you do in 30DS? NMTZ is basically a lot of the strength/ab moves you do (but a LOT more) and BFBM is a lot of the cardio moves (and some of the ab moves). They are about 45 minutes long each, so what I like to do is run a mile or two and THEN do the video since I usually work out for an hour as well. Also, TurboFire is a GREAT program...expensive, but worth it! Mainly cardio/kickboxing but I found it to be so fun that it doesn't feel like you are working out but you still burn mega cals!