best workout routine help.....

Options
So im trying to find a workout routine that will produce the best results. Bieng that I am fairly new to this fitness thing I was hoping to get opinions from people who know more than I. I have two routines I have been comtemplating. ONE is doing 30 minutes cardio and then either leg or arm strength training rotating arms and legs every other day. Another is doing one day 1 hour cardio and the next whole body lifting. not sure which would be more beneficial since I am learning strength is more important than I originally knew. Would it be better to use method one to get a portion of strength every day......or method two every other......all opinions are appreciated

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Three day full body strength training. Cardio optional.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/686963-large-collection-of-info-for-beginners
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

this.
  • purduegurl18
    Options
    I'm taking it slow personally. Starting with a 12 minute cardio 2x per week for a couple weeks. I guess it depends on how much you can stand to start doing. I know for myself, when I try to go from 0 minutes of workout per week to 30 several times a week, it kills and then I quit. (We have a DVD that is 12 minute cardio that I like.)

Maybe start out doing some walking and get in the habit of some sort of 'exercise' while you hunt for something to move up to. I know there are quite a lot of cardio options out there, but jumping from 0 to 60 or more a week may create a stumbling block. Just food for thought, I know everyone is different :wink:

Also, you can always pick-up some 5lbs hand weights at Wal-Mart or Target to work with as well.
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone....purdue....ive been doing long cardio sessions for awhile just trying to figure out how much to incorporate strength thank you all for your imput