trying to incorporate healthy fats at dinner time

Options
i've never used oils to cook unless it's low calorie cooking spray, and i'm trying to eat more healthy fats but my downfall is dinner time. i usually have a grilled chicken breast with some carbs and veggies. does anyone have a way to use extra virgin olive oil, like a marinade, to cook chicken? thanks :)

Replies

• rootbag
    rootbag Posts: 11
    Options
    avocados! learn to make guacamole. simple, delicious and one of the best sources of healthy fats
  • Kimmi206
    Kimmi206 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually use extra virgin olive oil on all meat, it make them tender and juicy, but for chicken breast depending on how many breast maybe 4 or them put them in a big bowl add the extra EVOO, black pepper, kosher salt, dry mustard cayenne pepper. It gives it such a good taste.

I would also add this to a bake potato then go for it.

p.s my George Forman grill is my hero. :smile:
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    seconding avocado. You could make a grilled chicken salad with avocado, dried cranberries, walnuts and feta. mmm!
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My health counselor gave me this tip for salads.... and I've never turned back! Instead of using dressing (which is usually a BAD fat), she says to take 1/4 to half an avocado (about 75 cals and GOOD FAT) and mush it in a bowl with a healthy dose of squeezed lemon juice. Then use THAT as your salad dressing. Drop spoonfuls onto your salad and use the back of the spoon to spread it all around your salad. Just coat it all over. No dressing needed-- and it's SO good (if you LOVE avocados like I do). I will never buy dressing again!
    I eat this almost daily on a huge plate of salad (kale, spinach, romaine + carrots, bell pepper, cucumber) with a few slices (about 3oz) of grilled chicken - it is SO delicious! And only about 250 cals.... perfect lunch or dinner!
    (ps- I'm in California so avocados are readily available and when on sale, 2 for a $1.00 , so I may be spoiled! I know they can be quite pricey elsewhere).