MEN!

Options
Ok, so I went out last night and I NEVER go out. Honestly, I hate going out because I live in a smallish city where all the good men are taken.

Plus, I almost ALWAYS see boys I knew in high school who I always felt inferior to...

BUT THIS TIME...

I've decided to change my mindset.

For one thing, I look pretty damn good compared to some of the girls I went to high school with who gained a TON of weight...

Second...I AM good enough for GOOD men.

Dammit!

So my plan is to lose about 30 pounds and join the game.

One day I'll meet a guy who wows me like the guys I liked in high school did.

Replies

• klynnangs
    Options
    You go girl!! Good luck, it will feel great.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    That's RIGHT Baby! :bigsmile: :drinker:

Strut your stuff and don't settle for anybody less than great like you!!!

Take it from someone who has gone out with LOTS of "less-thans". :blushing: :noway:

I finally met the Love of My Life at age 50! So never give up!!! :love: :laugh:
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I love your attitude! But, remember that weight loss and being healthy is for you and no one else! :flowerforyou:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! But, remember that weight loss and being healthy is for you and no one else! :flowerforyou:

YES!!! We have to love our own Sweet Selves first! As is and along the way to good health.
    Then be very grateful if we find someone special to love. :love:
  • artbabe
    Options
    I finally met the Love of My Life at age 50! So never give up!!! :love: :laugh:

OMG!!! Love that!
  • artbabe
    Options

Very true...I just want to find someone who's also into being healthy. I'm sick of gross men who drink their faces off.
  • artbabe
    Options
    You go girl!! Good luck, it will feel great.

I think it will feel great. I've decided to join a running club this spring and summer. It'll really help, I think. :) thanks everyone for all your support.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options

I agree with this...but also after you do find the one who want to be with, it will make you work harder :)
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    Freaking love the attitude. Don't settle for anything less than exactly what you deserve.

Good luck with those 30lbs. Never forget that losing those is for you and not anyone else.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yes you are good enough for good men! Good for you. I love your positive attitude. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    It took me forever (and several failed marriages) to find my perfect match.....I agree with the others.....lose the weight for yourself...love yourself first then.....watch out world!!......They will hear you roar, kitten!!!

I'm 38 and JUST found that someone!....but I refused to settle for anyone that does not treat me like a princess. It was a LONG time coming!.....(oh yeah...psssttt.....I met him on here :wink: )
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Good deal, good for you. So where ya' going? You're not really looking for a "good guy" in a bar/club are you?