flabby stomach

Options
There are so many people on here that are saving up to get these surgeries for flabby skin. So for people who are now skinny do your midsections look ok? because i want to look good but have no money for surgeries. i dont seem to have that much of an issue with it. My arms are flabby but im working them out and my midsection is also but ive been working that out.......so does exercise get rid of flab or do you need a surgery?

Replies

• RosaC773
    RosaC773 Posts: 126
    Options
    Quick weight loss usually causes this. If you lose weight at a slow pace and do some weightlifting - you should be fine.

Most girls just do cardio, you have to do both.

My main concern were my arms and I can feel them getting so much tighter.

I love this site, you can find a plan that is right for you.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find-a-plan-fat-loss-teen-female.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-20to39-muscle-building/training
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm not an expert, and you'll find MUCH better posts than mine, but here's my experience:

You'll find that through diet you'll have a lot of that flab, but it's the exercising that can make most of it go away. So even if you're losing quicking, if you incorporate a fair amount of ab work in there you wont have TOO much of a problem. I dont think enough to constitute getting surgery (excluding the people that have lost a LOT through gastric and what not). It's the "easy" way out, but I'd say if you're not formally morbidly obese then to not worry about it and save the money!

Now I was obviously obese, and it's taken me about 4 years to get this much weight off. And my extra flab is livible.. My arms have gotten a LOT smaller (and I dont bench press anymore, its just from the normal cardio machines) and my midsection is still letting go lol. Currently I would describe it as "sad" if I had the courage I would post a pic but i'm not that courageous lol. Theres just some extra flab above my belly button that looks saggy and i have that "flap" from my pooch, However, ive noticed that being less extreme ever since i started using my Ab Coaster.
  • Fannyannefeisty
    Options
    I found the baby belly is getting worse the more weight I lose. :noway:

When it was fat and rounded its not so bad. But my skin is so damaged by stretch marks that as I lose weight it is like an empty used carrier bag. Not too attractive! :grumble: So I have been for a consultation for a tummy tuck. One of the things they do is sew the stomach muscles back together (you can stick a fist between mine at the moment) and I think that will really help the side profile.

If your skin isn't too damaged and you're fairly young then I think skin will repair when you lose weight. FOr me though it will bever happen, my tummy is ruined.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Depends on how your genetics go, some people bounce back with no saggy skin ect , depends on how many kids you've had how much weight you've has to lose, You'll know once you get done to your ideal weight , so I hope for you your results are good.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    At 19, there shouldn't be too much of an issue. To help the situation, have a small calorie deficit (around 20% less than TDEE), eat high protein and make sure you do a lot of heavy weight training. Once you get to a low body fat, if you feel it's not good enough, it may be suggested to start a bulk phase and pack on 10-20 lbs of muscle in order to fill out your skin as demonstrated by the link below. Unfortunately, when people do low calorie diets, they lose a lot of muscle which make it harder to firm up.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat