Tired of being mad at skinny people

Options
:grumble:

No I'm just kidding, but I would love to be able to actually pick something off the rack, go to the fitting room, try it on and absolutely love it! Instead of having to leave the fitting room to get the next size up.

Anyway, I'm looking to meet new friends and trade recipies...I love to cook for my husband so it's a little hard to maintain a healthy diet. But we have recently thrown away/donated all of our unhealthy foods, and we're ready to begin a new healthy lifestyle. With the help of myfitnesspay and watching the calories that I consume, I have managed to lose 4 lbs in a week and a half.

So if you're up to it...please feel free to share your favorite healty recipies.

-end :bigsmile:

Replies

• Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options
    So proud of you Missy!!! YOu are doing greeeaaat!
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You are awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee and it's wonderful to know that your husband is on board with getting healthy. No recipes though that I can think of. Although I do make this from time to time.

Chicken breast that I cut into cubes and brown them in a skillet with pan spray and season as you wish. Add sautee mushrooms, onions and any vegetable you want. Add a can of tomatoes (drained) or add fresh grape tomatoes. Add a little bit of olive oil and a pat of butter. Add some pasta and wallah....
  • Wonderwoman85068
    Options
    I feel you on going to the department store and being able to just pick out something and it fits wonderfully. I am striving for that myself. I use an app called ALLRecipes , it is wonderful, you simply click on what you may want on the search and it will provide you with any recipe you are looking for, low fat, low sodium, vegan, no dairy etc. I have gotten use to pulling it up, checking what I have in my frig and pantry and wahla!!!!!!!! You can do it, we can do it together!!!!!
  • nmn2
    nmn2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would love to swap some healthy simple recipes too, preferably without crazy expensive ingredients. That's part of my problem it really is more expensive to eat healthy and we are on a very strict budget at my house!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Tired of being mad at skinny people? I'm not! I hate them! :angry: And that hate fuels my inspiration to BE one of them. Oh yeah, I want to be one of The Hated!! I want to be teased by others who say, "My goodness, girl...we could turn you upside down to rake leaves with!" I want people to check my shoes for concrete by those who think I might blow away with a strong wind! I want to prove, once and for all, that there really IS a size ZERO! I want to be mistaken for a Halloween decoration (skeleton)! I want fatties to hate me and have jealousy pour through every vein in their rotund bodies!! I want people to throw Hershey Kisses at me and tell me it's for my own good! I want children to run away from me, screaming, "Mama! Help me! Skeletor is REAL!" :tongue:

*pant, pant, pant* :sick:

Wow. I really shouldn't skip my daily Prozac/Ritalin cocktail, eh? :huh:

Actually, all I REALLY want is to be healthy. :flowerforyou:

BAhahahhaaaaaaaaaaa...yeah, right! :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :huh:
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Tired of being mad at skinny people? I'm not! I hate them! :angry: And that hate fuels my inspiration to BE one of them. Oh yeah, I want to be one of The Hated!! I want to be teased by others who say, "My goodness, girl...we could turn you upside down to rake leaves with!" I want people to check my shoes for concrete by those who think I might blow away with a strong wind! I want to prove, once and for all, that there really IS a size ZERO! I want to be mistaken for a Halloween decoration (skeleton)! I want fatties to hate me and have jealousy pour through every vein in their rotund bodies!! I want people to throw Hershey Kisses at me and tell me it's for my own good! I want children to run away from me, screaming, "Mama! Help me! Skeletor is REAL!" :tongue:

Your posts should come with the following warning:
    WARNING: Urinary incontinance could be an issue if you read... please make any necessary breaks or changes required before continuing....
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I read the title and nearly choked on my water! I kid you not, just seconds before reading the title I looked out of my office window at one of the women leaving the gym (my office shares their parking lot) and I thought, "skinny $!tch."

Then I got disappointed in myself for being a hater of someone who is already what I so long to be.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I is a sad panda.... I think many people have no idea how hard it is to find clothes that fit smaller sizes, too. But, kudos to you and hubby doing the healthy lifestyle together! In my experience, it makes it easier. Mine finally got on board, on his own accord and it has helped me keep up with mine.
  • Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options

WARNING: Urinary incontinance could be an issue if you read... please make any necessary breaks or changes required before continuing....

I piddled a bit on myself reading these posts...hehehe
  • jaleungs8
    Options

This just may be theee funniest thing I've ever read. But I feel you...all of the big and proud stuff is for the birds. You know what I want...I want to be able to sit down without pulling my pants up over my jelly roll. I want to wear a tiny bikini underwear without scaring myself when I look in the mirror, but most of all I want to be able to take pictures without worrying about my darn double chin. "Down with Muffin Top!":glasses:
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

I piddled a bit on myself reading these posts...hehehe

I am contemplating pouring a bottle of water on myself to hide the PIPAL (peed in pants a little)
  • DollaMimi86
    Options
    It's hard cooking for the family. He loves eggrolls and all that fried food. He is 6'1 toned and with abs. I, on the other hand, untone with flabs. :( It's so hard to find a recipe where we both can eat together. He HATES vegetables, I mean literally almost ALL veggies. lol... I have swapped out majority of the hamburger meat for ground turkey so far he's okay with it but he won't mess with my veggie burger lol. Also, he LOVES his sweets. Thankfully, I have never been into sodas nor cakes whewww..but I did have to give up coffee. Being hypothyrodism and a PCOS'er it sucks.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Honestly one of the best parts of losing weight was not wanting to cry in the fitting room. There was a magic moment where I almost cried (in JOY) when I put on a size six jeans and they F$*&%^ing FIT. WTF?!?! I'M A SIZE SIXTEEN THESE AREN'T SUPPOSED TO FIT. Nope. Sorry girl you're thin now.

It really is amazing, finally feeling good in your own skin. I'm really psyched for you to feel that someday.

eatingwell.com was a LIFESAVER for me. Especially their healthy soup recipes, which I made and took to work instead of getting takeout. Healthy doesn't have to mean disgusting, I am sure there are things that your husband would enjoy on there.
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I've been trying some Skinnytaste.com recipes lately. I think my favorites so far are the Skinny Slowcooker Pernil (Puerto Rican Pork roast) and the Cuban Quesadillas that I made with the leftover pork. The Fiesta Lime Rice is really yummy side dish from Skinnytaste. :)
  • jaleungs8
    Options
    I think what's helping me the most is being at work. (who woulda thunkit??)
    Two other girls and myself have chipped in to maintain our diet. It's amazing how much better I feel. Now, what I'm most affraid of is the weekends. My husband has a lot of family, and when they visit they bring yummy food.

But I have some recipes that I love... I think I might try this one tonight!

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/turkey-meatloaf-mashed-potatoes-00000000008039/index.html.
  • iiriinka
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!!!! It sucks but we can do it! :smile: add me if you'd like.