Pork tenderloin?

Options
I'm planning on having pork tenderloin roasted tonight for dinner but I can't figure out the calorie count and I thought maybe someone might know...

I see its 210 for a 3oz portion and on some places I see its like 125 for a 3 oz portion. Anyone know whats up with that?

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I find this site helpful and more accurate:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/pork-products/2152/2

I eat lots of pork tenderloin...
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 3 oz (85.0 g)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 122Calories from Fat 27
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 3.0g5%
    Saturated Fat 1.0g5%
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g
    Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g
    Cholesterol 62mg21%
    Sodium 48mg2%
    Total Carbohydrates 0.0g0%
    Protein 22.2g
    Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 1% • Iron 5%
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 3 oz (85.0 g)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 122Calories from Fat 27
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 3.0g5%
    Saturated Fat 1.0g5%
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g
    Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g
    Cholesterol 62mg21%
    Sodium 48mg2%
    Total Carbohydrates 0.0g0%
    Protein 22.2g
    Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 1% • Iron 5%
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet

I have the same information for grilled and trimmed pork tenderloin!
  • gumster55
    Options
    raw pork tenderloin usually has 30 calories per ounce. (4 ounce = 120 cal). the way you cook it has alot to do with calories also so be careful of sauces and condiments.
  • jessakittyis
    jessakittyis Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I find this site helpful and more accurate:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/pork-products/2152/2

I eat lots of pork tenderloin...

Thank you for the link. I did see that when i was searching around but I wondered why that calorie count was so low while other are around 200 cal for the same serving?
  • jessakittyis
    Options
    raw pork tenderloin usually has 30 calories per ounce. (4 ounce = 120 cal). the way you cook it has alot to do with calories also so be careful of sauces and condiments.

I am planning to roast it with garlic and a small amount of olive oil. I never use sauces so it should come in pretty close to 30 calories per once even after cooked.

Thanks for the help!
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you have mfp on your cell phone you can scan the barcode on the package and it will give you all the details then you can add it to your diary from there too!
  • jessakittyis
    Options
    If you have mfp on your cell phone you can scan the barcode on the package and it will give you all the details then you can add it to your diary from there too!

I don't have the package anymore or I would. =( Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • JScarbo
    JScarbo Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm planning on having pork tenderloin roasted tonight for dinner but I can't figure out the calorie count and I thought maybe someone might know...

I see its 210 for a 3oz portion and on some places I see its like 125 for a 3 oz portion. Anyone know whats up with that?

Don't know, but I'm getting hungary now.
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Weigh the portions raw. The calorie count for raw meat is the most accurate because the water level is the most standard then. If you cook meat just a little bit, it still has more water, and therefore less calories PER OUNCE than if you cook it until it is quite dry. So three ounces of raw meat could be quite similar, calorie-wise, to three ounces of moist barely-cooked meat, but it could be quite different for well-cooked, drier meat.

And you have to cook pork quite a bit for safety, so weigh it raw.
  • gumster55
    Options
    Don't over cook it!!!! :noway:
  • FredDoyle
    Options
    Weigh the portions raw. The calorie count for raw meat is the most accurate because the water level is the most standard then. If you cook meat just a little bit, it still has more water, and therefore less calories PER OUNCE than if you cook it until it is quite dry. So three ounces of raw meat could be quite similar, calorie-wise, to three ounces of moist barely-cooked meat, but it could be quite different for well-cooked, drier meat.

I agree with the above. I enter raw amounts for meat generally.
    I only used the cooked version on the nutritiondata as an example. You can find mineral levels
    that aren't usually listed elsewhere on that site. Hardly anyone lists potassium on here and it's important to
    some people's diet.
  • krumpli
    Options
    Haha, I just meant that you have to cook it more than I cook steak, for example.

steak cooking method: Place in hot pan. Hum "Yankee Doodle." Flip. Hum again. Eat. :)
  • jdennisj
    Options
    I just looked at my food listing since I had tenderloin the other day. I have 110 calories for 4 oz., 3g of fat (1 g of saturated), 190 mg sodium, 21g of protein, 65mg of cholesterol and 4% iron. This is directly from the label. Hope that helps.
  • jessakittyis
    Options

Thank you for posting but without a calorie number to attach to what I'm weighing it won't matter. I always way my food so I'll do the same now so this is really no help.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Thank you for posting but without a calorie number to attach to what I'm weighing it won't matter. I always way my food so I'll do the same now so this is really no help.

I think the point is that it's 30 calories/ounce RAW. Weigh it before you cook it.
  • krumpli
    Options
    Well, weigh it, and then use chaww's link up there. :) Or just search "pork tenderloin lean only raw" and use the entry that comes up. It gives me, for 3 oz, 108 cal, 0 carbs, 18 protein, 0 fiber, 3 fat, 0 calcium. (Those are what I track.)
  • FredDoyle
    Options

chawwklatt gave you the link from here which is correct and I gave you the tool.
    Here is a direct link to the raw tenderloin on the selfnutritiondata site:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/pork-products/10300/2

One needs to do a tiny bit of research to log things correctly...
  • purduegurl18
    Options
    I am totally having the same thing for dinner lol. I found it in the food list, try searching Pork Loin. You should find it for 190 cal 4oz. serving. Not sure if that is cooked or raw, then just add in your spices and such.