HRM problems!

Options
i really need help choosing a hrm...
in reality i really need a more accurate way to track my calories throughout the day

ive heard so many different brands

nike fuelband?
fitbit?
polar?
please help! also i dont want to spend millions of pounds :(

Replies

• KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I for the most part, love my Polar FT4. I've had only a few problems with it, and usually they're user error, not a problem with the product itself.
    I've heard a lot of good about the fitbit as well.
  • supersmiles11
    supersmiles11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had the same dilema. Eventuallybought a polar FT4 as did everything I wanted and from sweatband.com I found it cheaper than most. Only got it on Saturday but works wonderfully well and so simple!
  • fit4life76
    fit4life76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 also and love it...I've had it for 4 years and it's still running strong and I use it 5-6 times a week!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I only know about the one I have..the Polar FT4. It shows calories burned, min and max heart rate, time. It's easy to use and the chest strap is comfortable. I only use it for actual exercise time, not what I burn all day. I think fitbit might do that. The polar runs about $65 or $70.
  • lisalou23
    lisalou23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have a Polar FT4. It has a chest strap and it's pretty accurate. Every now and then it's off but that's due to my bra strap causing a bad connection. It's easy set up, easy to use and not crazy expensive. Good luck with finding one you like!

Lisa
  • aims17
    aims17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline Duo 1060. I have been very pleased with it. It's a heart rate monitor as well as a pedometer & distance tracker. I haven't found anything that does both for close to the price. It seems very accurate for running as well as various aerobic exercises.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    i really need help choosing a hrm...
    in reality i really need a more accurate way to track my calories throughout the day

So you want to track your calories throughout the day or while you're working out? A HRM is made to track your calories while working out, not something you wear all day long. If you want something all day, you can do the Fitbit or Nike Fuelband or Bodybugg or Body Media Fit. Search the boards for all of those and it'll give you different posts for why people have what they have.

I use my HRM (Polar FT4 but I also have a Timex as my backup for when I forget my Polar) for when I'm working out (running, biking, ect) and my Fitbit for all day wear
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT4.
    It is amazing and I love knowing that my calories burnt are more accurate than MFP...there can be quite a difference!

Also, it comes in a few colours hehe so I got a pink one...well had to be done didnt it!
  • mfp116
    mfp116 Posts: 108
    Options

So you want to track your calories throughout the day or while you're working out? A HRM is made to track your calories while working out, not something you wear all day long. If you want something all day, you can do the Fitbit or Nike Fuelband or Bodybugg or Body Media Fit. Search the boards for all of those and it'll give you different posts for why people have what they have.

I use my HRM (Polar FT4 but I also have a Timex as my backup for when I forget my Polar) for when I'm working out (running, biking, ect) and my Fitbit for all day wear

yes! i want it for all through the day... i do work out but im quite an active person so id like an accurate calorie count for everything ideally
  • fatslaphead
    Options
    i use fitbit all day (and night) and polar ft7 for when I'm exercising. together they pretty much cover all the bases - now all i need is a way to auto-synch the data on polarpersonaltrainer.com with mfp in the same way it does from fitbit.com... i log all my food in mfp and then manually enter the exercise data there too. mfp is then the single point of complete data for me.
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have a Fuel band but it's seriously just for fun and to compete with friends. It's not quite accurate and doesn't sync with any site other than the Nike+ site.

I mostly use a Fitbit and have tested it against my Polar HRM on each new workout that I do and it's been pretty accurate. The only time it doesn't give me a good calorie count is when I lift weights so I often wear my HRM during those workouts.

I like the fitbit because it syncs with MFP and Digifit (which I use for biking) so each day I never have to enter my activities if I don't want to.
  • mfp116
    mfp116 Posts: 108
    Options
    i have a fitbit zip chilling in a drawer... i never liked it because it doesnt tell you the calories your burning throughout the day.. like it said i burned 1520 or something when all id been doing all day was my usual stuff which definitely doesnt burn such a large amount! im not too keen on my fitbit.. maybe im using it wrong? i dont know:(