Starbucks Menu

Options

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    If I go to Stabucks I like a skinny caramel macchiato, or just a plain filter coffee with milk. I'm not a fan of Starbucks really, their coffee isn't very strong.

I live in England and we have Costa and Caffe Nero which do better coffee than Starbucks - when i go to those I either get a skinny vanilla latte or an americano.
  • purduegurl18
    Options
    Sugar-free Shaken Black Tea. Love it.
  • savannahjo92
    Options
    Thanks guys! This is helpful!! :D
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I get a Grande Soy Sugar Free Vanilla Misto, half coffee, half soy milk, and only 100 cals...yummy!
  • megs2003
    Options
    Starbuck's has a great nutritional tool on their website:

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/nutrition?drink=all#view_control=nutrition

My favs are Cinnamon Dolce Latte (non-fat, no whip) or Vanilla Latte (non-fat). If I don't need the caffeine, but just a snack, I like the Strawberry Smoothie. However, lately I've been trying to cut down on sugar (and I don't like the 'skinny' syrups) and have been ordering non-fat cappucinos - only 80 Calories for a Grande.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I get a Grande Non-Fat Chi Tea Latte lately.. and they are sooo good!

Their Salted Carmel Mocha is also very good.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Low carb day: black coffee or americano with flavored liquid stevia drops I add when I get to the car.

High carb day: skinny caramel latte
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    I usually get a tall americano with soy and 2 pumps SF vanilla syrup :) yum.

The protein boxes are awesome as well!
  • Kit_Kat1213
    Options
    140 calories is not that high in calories.

What's equivalent?
    2 Eggs
    1 1/2 Slices of Bread
    1 1/2 oz of cheese
    Some 1/2 cups of yogurt

I often get a cinammon dolce latte. No whip, and ask for one pump of syrup less than prescribed for the cup size. There is no sense denying yourself completely of enjoying it. Just don't have it everyday or every week for that matter, and you should be fine.
  • BetsyThomas
    Options
    tall white chocolate mocha with soy milk and no whip. That's for the cold days. the warm days in Texas i get the green tea frap no whip
  • chelseabuns88
    chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick to grande skinny iced lattes and add a syrup for the days I'm feeling sweet

(EDIT: Couldn't resist a salted caramel mocha yesterday, but for me it isn't worth it unless it's a really special treat)
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    skinny carmel macchiato...ummm makes me want one now!
    This, and I order it upside down. Yum!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    They have a Mocha Light/Skinny Mocha drink, 140 calories for 16oz (grande). Just tried it the other night and it is very good! Tastes a lot like the white chocolate. There's also a Skinny Vanilla Latte, 120 calories for 16oz. Those two are my favorite.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You could all be talking a whole other language right about now...
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Nothing, usually. Their coffee tastes burnt to me anyway.

My brother's girlfriend is a manager there. She says she won't even touch any of the bakery items there because she knows what goes into them - about 300 calories more than "generic" menu items for a ridiculous price. Yeah, avoid those at all costs.

I get a tall (small) frappucino every once in a blue moon in the summer if my diet has been awesome and I need a delicious sugar injection to send me into a diabetic coma. But there is no one on earth who needs a frappucino regularly. That, to me, is a bad habit that isn't doing you any favors.

In general I try to not drink my calories (wouldn't you rather eat something?) except for a small amount of whole milk in my coffee, so my vote would be a regular coffee with soy, skim, or whole milk. If you treat a special coffee like an occasional treat, there's nothing that terrible for you :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Doesn't that just make a mess and leave you thirsty for coffee?
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    I asked behind the counter once and they gave me a wee leaflet that lists ways you can have a drink for under 200 calories. (:
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Shaken iced green tea unsweetened - mmm!
    Iced or hot nonfat lattes with no sugar or flavor. This takes some getting used (may be bitter or bland if you are used to sugary Starbucks drinks) but once you do it's a very healthy option.
  • dmurphy1975
    dmurphy1975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love their cool lime refresher (it's made with green coffee extract). Venti is about 80 calories. Been staying away from the foods but the holiday season is coming and I know I can't resist the cranberry bars, I'll just have to burn a few more calories to enjoy one.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Doesn't that just make a mess and leave you thirsty for coffee?
    Ha! I've mastered the technique!