Woo Hoo.....10 pounds gone in ten days!

Options
Hi everyone! My daughter told me and my hubby about MyFitnessPal on October 1st. We've tried everything and this is the first time we've ever really kept track of calories. I am so grateful that this is free! Both my husband and I have 100 pounds to lose.....we know we have a long ways to go but it took us a while to put it on. Instead of saying I have 90 more pounds to go....I say, I will never see this number on the scale again....and look forward to another pound that I pray will not come back again. Best of luck everyone!

Replies

• Sandraleigh87
    Sandraleigh87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    How awesome!!!! Keep up with the amazing hard work and dedication!
  • texassquirt
    Options
    Thank you! We are excited! p.s. You look amazing! Best of luck with the last bit you have to lose!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Nice! :flowerforyou:
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!, but remember to be realistic and that this is most likely water weight and might go up again. Yes part of it is weight loss, especially since you have a longer way to go per se. Just keeping you aware so that you don't come back with the ever so popular thread "HELP I gained 1 pound OMG"
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!, but remember to be realistic and that this is most likely water weight and might go up again. Yes part of it is weight loss, especially since you have a longer way to go per se. Just keeping you aware so that you don't come back with the ever so popular thread "HELP I gained 1 pound OMG"

Yes, this^^^^^!!!!
  • texassquirt
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the positive encouragement! Yes...we know most of this is water weight and I know that my weight lloss will slow down soon. My goal is to lose between 1 1/2 and 2 pounds a week......that is what I would like to lose because when it comes off slow it usually stays off. Me and my hubby own a business....never take time off for ourselves, work all the time. When my daughter told us about this website, we felt we needed to do something. I know we are on the right track! We never ate all day and would eat at 9 or 10 at night....never exercised. So now that we are tracking every mouthful, it has been a REAL EYE OPENER! Man o' Man!!!! We had no idea how many calories we were eating!!! We are also walking every other day and playing different games on the Wii. It has motivated us to continue. Best of luck everyone!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    WOW, WTG! Keep Counting!
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    That first drop is the best and especially when its a good amount. It doesn't matter if its all water or whatever it still has to go! Enjoy the feeling, enjoy the learning. Good luck.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    what did you do to lose 10lbs in 10 days?????
  • 19roz80
    Options
    GREAT GREAT GREAT!!! HOW did u lose 10lbs in 10days??
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you n hubby! Keep going strong in thatjourney!
  • Mrs1YummyMummy
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss so far! You can do this and we are all here if you ever need support or motivation :-)
  • pink00774
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been on here long but I have lost 156 lbs and my advise is just take it 1 day , 1 workout and 1 pound at a time...it all adds up!
  • texassquirt
    Options
    The way I lost the ten pounds was that I started keeping track of my calories (spreading out my calories through out the day). My husband and I way 30 minutes every other day. We use the Wii games to exercise at home. Oh....and we drink lots of water!!

Hope this helps you!
  • texassquirt
    Options
    Miss PINK 00774: Great advice!!! Thank you so much! WOW! YOU ARE INCREDIBLE.....LOSING SO MUCH WEIGHT! 156 pounds? Congratulations. How did you do it? Probably like you said.....1 day, 1 workout and 1 pound at a time......

Thank you for your support!
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! There are so many great people here with good ideas and info. I can't emphasize enough to get in to your doctor and work with him as well! You want to be healthy -- so his advice and guidance and supervision can be instrumental! :heart:

You're gonna lose an amazing amount of weight .. you're off to an excellent start! yay! Keep it up and don't be discouraged. Do a little research and don't be afraid to ask questions... no question is a dumb question!

Welcome!! I'm here 3 weeks myself .. but this has been a great experience so far!

Friend me if you like! Good Luck to you!! Cheers! :flowerforyou:
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great work. And also remember that it's not all about the scale. Take measurements and photoes. I wish I did when I first started cause now I don't have anything to compare with. I took my first photoes about halfway through but I wish I took them earlier. Good luck with your journey :)

Also it's excellent that you and your husband are doing it together. You will succeed for sure :)
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm glad you understand it'll slow down. :) Most people don't understand, get frustrated when they stop losing as much, and then give up.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You are right--just seeing what you are eating increases your awareness. Also you are exercising more. I would bet that you walk quite a bit each day. Every little bit helps. You have made a great start. When you lose 1-2 pounds a week. Know that it will happen. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!