I lived through week 1....and lost 10.5 lbs!

Options
Well, I made it through week one! Who knew I could use 10.5 lbs in one week. Although I fully expect for this to slow a bunch I am happy with the fact that it does seem to be working thus far. The week was really hard, especially the first few days. But I think I'm getting used to eating less. I have not incorporated any excersize yet, but am going to start that soon. I really wanted to get a handle on the food part of it first. I'm looking forward to seeing what this week brings.

Replies

• Chantelle160
    Options
    Wow great job!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!

And though exercise is an important factor in weight loss... you've got time. Start out slow and it'll give you plenty of room to work your way up as you lose weight and your body begins to demand more to lose more.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • clarabell38
    Options
    Thats really good!!! what are you eating? got any tips for me :)

Clare :)x
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    This is so great! When I started out I lost 22 pounds my first week, and ended up with a 59 pound loss that first month. I had a lot to lose and I also walked my bum off! But add in some exercise and you should see a few big losses. Keep up the great work! It's fabulous motivation, isn't it?
  • di_inglis
    Options
    Wow!! You go girl! :smile: You're on the right track. I'm starting back....I've realized that feeling unhealthy and tired is not a good way of life.... You almost feel like everyone and everything is passing you by.,

:flowerforyou: Keep up the great job!
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    you are totally right, well put :)
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    you have been so successful, I looked at your log... I have to know... what is yummy chicken!?
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!! So happy for you.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well, Yummy Chicken is basically what i named that particular meal my husband cooked for me the first night. I liked it so much he made more. The Higher Calorie version of it is due to the fact i mistakenly added the crescent roll, and the salad into the calorie count when I made it. That is why I adjusted the amount on other days to take away the calories I didn't exactly eat. If you look at the ingredients for Monday the 15th that is what it consists of, plus spices of course, which I have no idea what they are as my husband is a master at putting things together and making them taste fantastic! I can ask him if you are really curious. I pretty much at that for dinner most nights last week due to the massive amounts of leftovers (gotta get used to cooking less). :)
  • kimmrdodge
    Options
    Clara, you can have a look at my food diary to see what I'm eating. As for tips, I'm still so new at this and have much to learn about myself but all I can say is just try as hard as you can to stick to it everyday, input everything you eat, even if it's not the best or you have made some mistakes. You will feel hungry all the time at first but I can tell you that is fading and it is becoming easier everyday. Its taking a little getting used to controlling myself and eating a lot less, but I do think I'm adjusting. I'm great all day, never really hungry other than when I should be having a meal, but tend to feel pretty hungry if I stay up too late. I'm hoping that will pass as well.
  • kimmrdodge
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies of support. I really appreciate it. :)
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I would love it if you would ask him. I am always trying to add variety!
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    wow thats great took me about a month to loose that much... keep up the great work!!!
  • yawniea
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • rhonswan
    Options
    Geat Job! This is my first day on this site, so hopefully in one week, I will be able to say the same thing!!!

Congrats!

Rhonda
  • kimmrdodge
    Options
    Welcome to the site and best of luck with your first week. :)