ZUMBA in a class or at home.........

Options
Which do you perfer and why??? I am trying to decided if I want to buy the Zumba or pay $5 a class and for 5x a week...........

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    It depends on you. I personally hate the commitment of a class at the same time. I finish work early and would rather get my exercise done in a time convenient to me, than hang around waiting for a class to start. There's also the time taken travelling too and from class. However others love the social aspect and feel they work out harder in a class situation.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I went to a class before, I liked it because you got to be with everyone.

I have the Wii, so I'm getting ZUMBA this weekend because it's much easier for me to do it at home and be at home, than to drive 45 minutes away to do it. Plus, in the winter, I can do it right at home and not have to worry about driving in the snow (I get 8+ feet of snow at my house in a week, it's bad).

I just like how conveinient it is to be able to do it at home, but it all depends on personal preference.
  • antigone23
    antigone23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The class is more motivating to me. It's different every time whereas I get bored doing the same routines on DVD or the Wii game. The other thing I don't like about the Wii game is it focuses on getting the moves exactly correct. I know I don't do everything correct, my aim is to have fun and keep moving. Plus when I work out at home I have to worry about tripping over my toddler whereas my gym has free childcare!
  • salcala
    salcala Posts: 19
    Options
    I prefer the class setting because you get to know people and that creates accountablility. Plus you want everyone to see your hot moves! ;-)
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I prefer the live class, mostly because of my instructor. I currently go once a week, but hope to up it to twice a week in the near future. I do play Zumba Fitness Rush (Xbox) and have created a customized class on there, but it's not quite the same as a live class. However, it is nice to have the option to do it at home because I can't always make it to the gym.
  • ssmlnmcjm
    Options
    I do it at home cause the nearest class i 35 to 40 mins away..but I love it :happy:
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    I never went to class so I cannot say prefer doing it at home.. but I love doing it at home :)
    I just put on a pair of shorts an old Tshirt and Zumba until I drop dead lolllll
    I'm a bit of a shy person.. I dont want to be intimidated by more advanced dancers or anything lolll
    At home I can just shake my groovy *kitten* and nobody can judge me :P
    Plus I loooove the routines with Beto hes the best !
  • prettyeyez55
    prettyeyez55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the insight! I have done it at a class before and loved it, but now they do not offer daycare and trying to find a class that does without joining a gym is hard! i am afraid if i do it at home i will lose motivation
  • yonit1118
    Options
    I love the class, I have two kids so they usually bug me right when I am start . Going out gives me a piece of mind that I am doing something good for myself.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm a class kind of girl. Maybe because I'm social but it's just more fun. I hate videos. I get bored fast. Going to classes keeps me accountable. I was sick this week and everyone asked my friend where I was. If I miss a day it doesn't go unnoticed, and I love that.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I like a class setting...it's nice to feed off of others' energy, especially on days when you feel like you're dragging or not eager to workout. Also, it helps to commit to going to class so that you're not tempted to skip your workout.
  • Toshiana123
    Options
    I enjoy the class because it's fun to be around people that are there for the same reasons as you. I got the DVD and did it alone for about 2-3 months. After that, I was bored. On the other hand, interacting with other people and the instructor is awesome and fun! We are there to motivate each other. In fact, I was so motivated that I became a Zumba instructor! Lol!! ;0)