WHY am i so bloated??

Options
Not sure where to post this at, so hopefully this is okay.

For the past few days I've been really bloated. I haven't changed my eating habits much, drinking water, exercising, etc. I don't see what's causing this & how to make it stop.

I really hate this feeling.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this & how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• selfsmarted
    Options
    do you drink soda?
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    go take a dump...
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Either too much sodium or you have a food sensitivity. I get really bloated when I eat eggs. I lovingly call it "egg belly".
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Too much salt perhaps?
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    No soda. I do have a Red Bull total zero....maybe once or twice a week. But that's nothing new, so I'm not sure if that would change anything.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    time of month? water retention? too much soda? too much sodium? Normal body fluctuations?
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    are you getting your period?
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    HAVE YOU POOPED LATELY BRO
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    track sodium. it's a real eye opener.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hormones? TOM?
  • know_your_worth
    Options
    Not the TOM.

i'll have to look into the sodium thing :)
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Try probiotics. I was bloated all the time too until I started taking them religiously.
  • spippin73
    Options
    Drink green tea - a natural diuretic and watch your sodium intake. It is in everything!
  • know_your_worth
    Options
    Try probiotics. I was bloated all the time too until I started taking them religiously.

I'll give it a try, thank you!
  • jomorie
    jomorie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bread and pasta bloat me - i think I have a wheat intolerance so i avoid them, maybe try that ?? x
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Anytime my wife touches even a small amount of wheat she blows up like a balloon. Before dismissing it though, cut it for a few days and see what happens. My wife suddenly developed a severe wheat intolerance out of nowhere. Tests confirmed it, so not just a anecdotal observation.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I read this interesting artical I dont know how fact it is but it makes sense to me. Daily you should intake no more than 1oz of salt roughly 2400 like mfp is set to...For every 1 oz of salt you intake per day you must drink a min of 2 liters/8glasses of water to get rid of it. For every 1oz of salt stored into your body is equivalent to 6lbs in water weight!!!! so if you intake 4oz of salt thats 24lbs in water!!! So the point here is watch your sodium intake and if you take in more than the 1 oz drink more than 2 litters to avoid feeling bloated
  • graceklein
    graceklein Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    that is very interesting. I've the same problem and I've tried keeping track of sodium, drinking more water, cutting out wheat. Nothing really is working. But I think I'm not drinking enough depending on the amount of sodium I do take in. Thanks for the advice.