Minus 44lbs, halfway to ultimate goal!

Options
First picture is January 2012 (about 220lbs, started at 238lbs)
Second picture is October 2012, today! (194.5lbs)

3024as2.jpg

About halfway to my ultimate goal of 155lbs, can't wait to get there, but I just wanted to take a moment to be proud of how far I've come.

Whoops, had to edit the picture smaller!

Replies

• empowerme12
    empowerme12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job. Congrats and I know you are happy because I would be. So what did you do, what exercise routine did you start with?
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for you, DBL! You rock!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You look great, and you should be very proud of what you have accomplished so far!
  • want2befablous
    want2befablous Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Look good
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congrats!!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!! keep up the good work and u will be dowb to ur goal weight in no time!! u look amazing!!!
  • LeslieC1970
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,258 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what a difference! You should be so proud.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Incredible difference. I'm down 82 this morning. 63 to go to ultimate of 154... Half way feels amazing! Can't wait to hit onederland like you! Now at 219! X
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    awesome job! I'm only 2 lbs away from 45 lbs lost which is 25% of my total goal of 180 lbs to lose. It's so exciting, isn't it? You're doinjg great. keep up the good work!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work and don't ever let yourself go back there in the future...
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You are looking great!
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    Rah! Rah! for you! I weighed 240 roughly 3 years ago and was beyond miserable! You look great now but in '44' you will be so happy and proud of yourself!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Great job. Congrats and I know you are happy because I would be. So what did you do, what exercise routine did you start with?

I started with going to the gym three times a week while I was at university (cheap gym!) in January. I started c25k on the tredmill. Once I finished that I did the 30DS and kinect Fitness Evolved 2012 to build strength. Since August 1st this year I have been running outdoors and no longer going to the gym. According to Runkeeper I have done around 95 miles :)

I'm a great convert to running. After not being able to run for 60 seconds in January to running a 5k in 36 minutes, I feel running is definitely a great exercise for improving fitness and burning fat :)
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING! I am so proud of your progress. I know how hard you've worked for it and you inspire me to keep at it.
  • empowerme12
    empowerme12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    DETERMINED BUT, Thank you for answering my post. I was reading about C25K earlier this week and wanted to try it but wasnt sure if it actually worked. Thank you so much for inspiring and motivating me and others on MFP.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Not going to lie, shin splints and aches and pains and days when I just flat out did NOT want to go out there and run.
    Using Runkeeper after finishing C25K helped keep me motivated and setting goals every week.
    Physically, my balance and posture is much better, my back hurts a lot less than it used to and I feel taller (which is weird).
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference Big well done!!!

Im very jealous of everyone near/same as my weight but you all look so much slimmer than me :(
  • Jtellegen
    Jtellegen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look great :) I hope to be under 200 very soon too :)
  • APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, you're a stunner!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!