post workout meals

Options
Hi all,

just wondering what everyone has after they have had a workout? More looking at people trying to lose 50+ pounds, and seeing what they eat.

I generally go for chicken salads in the evening, however do not feel that hungry..

Replies

• FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    high protein to help your mussel heal and recover better
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Protein, protein and more protein! Some articles I've read say eating protein (either from a shake or a lean meat) within 30 minutes after a workout really helps with muscle recovery. Some I've read even say you have up to a 3 hour window.
  • NitroS1988
    NitroS1988 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    yeh i do try to stack up on protien quite a bit actually, any reccomendations apart from chicken where i can get high protien foods?
  • UpBeatMaria
    UpBeatMaria Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Vegan Shakeology :)
  • zeppelinkd
    zeppelinkd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The meal following your workout is also the best time to get the majority of your daily carbs in. Your body uses them more efficiently from a post-workout meal as opposed to a rested meal time.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    protein shakes. It takes a little bit to find one you like the best but I have one after pretty much every work out. Sometimes I also have chocolate milk - the ratio of protein to carbs is supposed to be great for recovery.