looking for healthy accountabilibuddies

Options
I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds,
while learning how to be healthy...
I just got a gym membership,
and I'm trying reeeaally hard to go from eating fast food at least once a day
to eating homecooked meals that consist mostly of vegetables fruit, and a little meat
I'd like friends that can help support me in my transition,
and that I can also help support in any of their goals...
Maybe a few people who can help me with new exercises and new food challenges.

female
5'5 and 1/2
currently 169
started at 186
looking for 150
may go lower, trying to set healthy goals though

Replies

• Pattycoy83
    Pattycoy83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with that as well! I lost some weight during the summer and have hit a plateau. I need some inspiration and motivation. I'm 29, currently at 160, 5'9'', and also looking for 150.

I have to share that when getting a new gym membership, it really helped me to just try EVERYTHING. I was scared at first that other people were watching me, but you'll soon realize that most people are just looking at themselves. Also, the people that work there are there to help. They can explain how a machine works and often if you are new to a gym, they'll give you a training session or two for free. Just ask!
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Same here. Would like to be 150,
  • sselraef
    sselraef Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with that as well! I lost some weight during the summer and have hit a plateau. I need some inspiration and motivation. I'm 29, currently at 160, 5'9'', and also looking for 150.

I have to share that when getting a new gym membership, it really helped me to just try EVERYTHING. I was scared at first that other people were watching me, but you'll soon realize that most people are just looking at themselves. Also, the people that work there are there to help. They can explain how a machine works and often if you are new to a gym, they'll give you a training session or two for free. Just ask!

Definitely have a fear of people looking at me
    thanks for putting it in perspective
  • tamaradavenport
    Options
    i am looking to lose 40 pounds need to this site so hoping i can get some help doing this
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Gemma, 26 from Hobart TAS Australia. I'm 5'4" ish, 147lbs looking to get to about 136lbs. I feel like we're pretty similar in our goals. Please feel free to add me for support
  • k8zor
    k8zor Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there - just joined this site today and I need some healthy accountabilibuddies as well!

I'm looking to lose 10-15 pounds, but more importantly develop a healthier lifestyle and steady workout routine.