Has anyone tried Vega One?

Options
Lately I've been thinking about trying vega one smoothie protein type shake stuff and was wondering is it worth it? I've had a sample of it before but it wasn't enough to tell if I should get it or not. I want to get it mainly to get more protein and vitamins since a lot of the times I dont eat close to my calorie intake and etc so I thought it would be a good option. If anyone doesn't know what it is here's the link: http://shop.myvega.com/sequel-estore-us/On-Promotion-us

Replies

• sionnain
    Options
    I've bought like one of every vegan protein powder but not that one yet, so I'll be following this topic to see what people think. It's expensive so I'd assume it's yummy. :)
  • mayb92
    Options
    it is expensive, so far what are some good tasting protein powder?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Some people really seem to like the Vega stuff, I find it overpriced even if I did like it, but I don't, I think it tastes horrible. The only Vega product I will buy on occasion is the Chocolate Coconut Vega Sport protein bar.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I hated the taste. I spent the money and now its just sitting in my cupboard. :grumble:
  • mayb92
    Options
    I hated the taste. I spent the money and now its just sitting in my cupboard. :grumble:

I hate when that happens. Kind of like the Starbucks I bought today I took two sips and didn't want it anymore lol
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bought it - loved it. Made me sick =(
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I love the way I feel after I've had the all-in-one shake. I use it as a breakfast smoothie. I've tried the chocolate, vanilla chai and berry. The chocolate is the only one I don't like. I will definitely spring for the large container of vanilla chai or berry. It is pricey, but my body reacts well to it.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I tried a few different vegan protein powders and I like Vega the best, by far. It seems... "smoother" than the others I have tried, somehow. I love it, personally. Sometimes I just mix the chocolate one with some hemp milk as if it were Nesquik powder, haha...

I have heard that some people have a hard time digesting it, though. I would suggest getting some of the single-serve tester packets before buying the whole tub.
  • rmcannell
    rmcannell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love the Vega Energizing Smoothies and All-In-One Nutritional Shakes. They're super for a quick snack with lots of protein and other good stuff.

I really like the chocolate, and also have the Vanilla Chai. You can buy (at least where I am) small single serving packs to try out different flavors. They are pricey, but worth it for me as a really, really fast way to help meet my protein needs. I use standard vegan protein powder as well, but I have to mix up a smoothie for that (it's unflavored) and sometimes I just want something I can shake up and take with me ...
  • chainone
    chainone Posts: 42
    Options
    Bumping this to ask if anyone has any ideas on how to make their French vanilla tolerable? I need to use it (can't afford to buy another tub of something until this runs out) and I'm finding it really, really, unpalatable.

This morning I tried one scoop of protein into one cup of soymilk and two tablespoons of peanut butter, but it's just sitting there staring at me.
    I don't even hate stevia, generally, but this stuff is like...super stevia. And gritty even after I blended it.

I was going to try to fit some more frozen fruit into my macros, thinking it would be palatable, but really, I don't even think that will do it. Help?
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I do find the flavor of the all-in-one Chocolate and Vanilla Chai a little strong per the manufacturer's suggested volume, so I cut it with Pea Protein and Garden of Life RAW Protein Powder (no flavor).

Additionally, I tend to add just a bit more powdered cocoa to the Chocolate flavor.

I mix them with almond milk, water, occasionally berries, chia seeds, and powdered greens.
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ...This morning I tried one scoop of protein into one cup of soymilk and two tablespoons of peanut butter, but it's just sitting there staring at me.

...And gritty even after I blended it.

Have you run it through a strong blender, or have you mixed it with a whisk?

I find my Blendtec takes most of the grittiness out of the protein powders, especially when mixed with ice.
  • chainone
    chainone Posts: 42
    Options
    I can't afford to buy another protein powder though, I need to find a way to use the French vanilla flavour as it is now.

I did blend it quite thoroughly, not just whisking it.
  • prodriguez0323
    prodriguez0323 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate one and I'm almost done with it. I give it a 7 from scale 1-10. I use it for breakfast and lunch by adding a fruit and blending it with my nutribullet. I am now about to try the Vanilla one. I have lost 5 lbs in a week and a half using it. I love it because I have hypothyroidism and cannot use anything with soy. This is soy, gluten and sugar free. Since I was diagnosed I am all about organic. It's the only way to keep the weight off.