question about entering calories

Options
question...if u cook with amaretto...for instance u cook a steak in it...but u dont actually eat or drink any of it...do u still count it in ur calories?

Replies

• sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i do but a small portion
  • brandi_69
    brandi_69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i dont usually use butter on anything in fact i dont usually cook much....if u use 1/3 of a bottle of alcohol to cook with and u throw it way how would u mark it...thats y i asked...no need to be a smart *kitten* about it
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yes, for steak I count the butter or olive oil, but not the whole thing since there is quite a bit left in the pan. If I use 1 tbl of butter, I'd count 1/2 tbl. I'd rather overestimate than underestimate. Now, if I'm sopping up the butter with my steak, then yes, I'd count it all.
  • brandi_69
    Options
    u know people r suppose to be on here to help support others...not to be a b*tch...if u dont like my post don't write on it
  • brandi_69
    Options
    Yes, for steak I count the butter or olive oil, but not the whole thing since there is quite a bit left in the pan. If I use 1 tbl of butter, I'd count 1/2 tbl. I'd rather overestimate than underestimate. Now, if I'm sopping up the butter with my steak, then yes, I'd count it all.

thanks....atleast some people r nice...:flowerforyou:
  • Sweet_T_McGee_HeatherSadie
    Options
    Key Rule. . . Any thing you put into or on your food you count. . . Nuff said
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Your steak absorbs some of the alcohol. The alcohol has calories. Obviously you should count it.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If possible, I'd measure it before I cook it and then after and take what that amount is and divide it among the meat (in grams). That's what I did when I made chicken that had marinated. Turned out to be only about a serving each so that was nice.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You put it in like marinade.
    Then in the pan. Then in your mouth. Then log it. I'm always here to help. Bless your heart. :flowerforyou:
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Your steak absorbs some of the alcohol. The alcohol has calories. Obviously you should count it.
    Unless you are having steak tar tar, the alcohol will boil away during cooking. I use Southern Comfort in my BBQ sauce, but count only the sugar content.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure alcohol burns off when you cook it and only the flavor remains. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure it is not an abundance of calories
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Unless you are having steak tar tar, the alcohol will boil away during cooking. I use Southern Comfort in my BBQ sauce, but count only the sugar content.

The important thing to remember though is that even though the taste of alcohol may disappear from a dish, a portion of the alcohol will indeed remain in most completed meals. The strength or density of the alcohol may influence how long it might take for the taste to disappear, but it usually doesn’t take more than a few minutes for the taste to vanish.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/does-alcohol-burn-off-food-during-cooking/