DVD recommendation...AMAZING results already!

Options
I am a treadmill girl, but a very close friend sent me Biggest Loser's Cardio Max DVD after she fell in love with it. I was hesitant at first because I can. not. STAND Jillian Michaels or her 30 day shred hype. But I tried the DVD for the first time last week, and I am HOOKED!
I burned 375 cals (on average) just doing the 5 minute warm-up, 20 minutes with Bob, and 5 minute cool down....and today I put all three workouts together, plus the warmup, and in 45 minutes, i burned 628 calories!!
The best part?? I can FEEL the difference in my clothes. I can feel the burn in my muscles and i KNOW my body is working hard.
I still love my treadmill time, but I look forward to the Cardio Max DVD....and thats a first for me :)

Just thought I'd throw the suggestion out there for anyone who is looking for something new :)

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of cardio max. I was planning on buying the 30 day shred this weekend. hmmm did you say that you did try the 30 day shred?
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I have Cardio Max but havent tried it yet....maybe I will today! I like the 30 Day Shred....I feel great after doing it.
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I, also, am interested in knowing more....Where do you get this DVD. What is the complete title? thanks in advance.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I will keep an eye out for it. I have the Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism but haven't started doing it yet (finish 30DayShred which i love first). I may grab this if i see it on display as i'm really finding the dvd's are the type of workouts i will stick to!
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good to know! Thanks!
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    I will keep an eye out for it. I have the Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism but haven't started doing it yet (finish 30DayShred which i love first). I may grab this if i see it on display as i'm really finding the dvd's are the type of workouts i will stick to!

The Boost Metabolism I think is harder than the Shred! Ugh! It kicks my butt! But it's a great work out when you're done. I haven't completed the whole dvd yet. I love the Shred too!

I looked into the Cardio Max on Amazon. I'm interested! I just might order it today!
  • salee
    salee Posts: 3
    Options
    I just saw the Cardio Max DVD at Wal-Mart last night - $10! I have the 30-day Shred - I've not tried it yet, but my friends have and they love it! (also at Wally World)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I need to get a great workout in a short amount of time. I live upstairs and can't workout until my young kids are in bed. (Because they climb on me while I am doing push ups and crunches and try to hug my leg as I do leg kicks-AAARRRRGGGG :mad: )
    But the downstairs neighbor has a little baby and I don't want to jump around above them more then 30 mins or so past 8 pm. I just can't get up early, I have tried but I need to shower after a workout and I am always late for work when I do a DVD in the morning.

Maybe this is my answer. :flowerforyou:
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You can get it at Amazon. the full title is Biggest Loser's Cardio Max. You can customize the workout to be just the warm up (5 mins), just the workout with Bob (20 mins), just the workout with Jillian (10 mins) or just the workout with the blonde trainer who's name i forget (10 mins). Or you can add them all together, or add 2 of them together. Its GREAT!!
    I tried the 30 day shred and hated it. I jsut couldnt get into it for some reason. I was "jsut another workout DVD"....nothing earth-shattering for me. I know it has helped TONS of other people, but i couldnt get into it.
    I also like that the Cardio Max has the real Biggest Loser contestants in the background doing the workouts. It helps keep me moving to see them doing all the movements. I keep thinking "if they can do it, so can i!" and it keeps me focused.
    I highly recommend it :)
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendation! I just went and ordered it on Amazon. I am a runner at heart too...but on days I don't feel like running I like to pop in a good dvd. I've done the 30 day shred and liked it, but I'm ready for something new. I read a lot of the reviews on Amazon and this one does sound like it will be a good one! :smile:
  • Mandy366
    Options
    I love this one too! Can't say enough good things about it.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    I like to rent them first (netflix) to see if I think they will keep my interest before making an investment. It seems I have garage- saled many a workout video. :ohwell:
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Does Biggest Loser's Cardio Max require weights?? I am searching for a DVD without a dumbbell requirement so that I can do it while on travel with a portable DVD player.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The exercise with Bob uses weights for a few exercises, but it is just as challenging without weights. And the Jillian and Blondie's (what is her NAME!?) workouts dont require weights at all. :)
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I may have to check it out.. I have the shred and no more trouble zones (which I've yet to open).. I did the shred for two weeks with noresults....so I may have to check this out :) thanks kat
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I almost picked it up today, but got Jillian's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism..maybe once I shake this headache I can complete it. I just like Jillian's circuits! :)

Maybe I'll just get this one too since it's only $9 at walmart. My husband is probably getting sick of all of my workout vids in the house!
  • salee
    salee Posts: 3
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has some EXCELLENT DVD'S. You can get 3 dvd's in one set - Mile1, Mile 2 and Mile 3. I did the "Miracle Mile" this morning - (1 mile in about a 15 minutes) and you feel it! She has several other DVD's that you can try. You can do them right in your living room - don't need a big area. And as long as you aren't stomping, it should keep the downstairs neighbors happy! Have fun! :smile:
  • 3greatgifts
    3greatgifts Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love this one too! I got it at Walmart for $9. When I first started, I had to do it every 3 days because my legs hurt. Last week I started Level 2 too. I don't have a HRM, so I'm glad you shared your numbers. Bob is level 1 for 20 mins, Jillian is level 2 for 10, so if you don't like Jill, you only have to put up w/her for 10 mins. :laugh: