Hey! Need to lose 70+lbs and looking for friends!

Options
Hey, my name is Jessica and I'm 24. I'm a wife and mom and I'm looking to take off the baby weight (and some bonus, non-baby weight ;) ). I am From Northwest, Indiana... About 20 minutes outside of Chicago. I would like to add some friends that are on here often enough to send some motivation (both ways of course!) and have some feedback from. I have tried everything and every diet you can imagine and nothing has worked, so I'm just sticking with the good, old-fashioned calorie counting. You can never really go wrong that way. I work out about 6 times a week (give or take a day) and I have been doing that for about 2 months. I have had no real weight loss success because my food intake has been crazy from trying to just "eat the right thing.' So, it's time for some actual tracking this time around. Hope to meet some of you really soon!

Replies

• Brooklyngurl3
    Brooklyngurl3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey you can add me. I have 17 pounds to lose. MyFitnessPal is very helpful in weight loss once you continue to track what you eat.
  • nmn2
    nmn2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me! I'm adding you now, I just started this site less than 2 weeks ago. So far so good!
  • cnmarshall09
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel I'm trying to get rid of the baby fat plus some :-) I have 34 lbs to lose this site is very helpful
  • msbran77
    msbran77 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can can add me
  • Snoopy7878
    Snoopy7878 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I sent u a friend request. I started using mfp back in february and have so far lost almost 50lbs. I only have about 15 to 20 lbs to go. You can do this.
  • mellycupcakesxo
    mellycupcakesxo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me! I've lost 17 lbs so far, with the help of fitness pal, and I have about 15 lbs left ! :D stay determined
  • Cmg7664
    Cmg7664 Posts: 20
    Options
    I just started back...I have about 50-60 lbs and do believe having friends on site for support is helpful. Snoopy.......kudos on your loss!
  • Inspired2run
    Inspired2run Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. I joined MFP in November, but didn't buckle down until April. Now I'm 46 lbs down with more to go, but I'm past the half way mark which feels great. I work out 5 days/wk and track my calories, weigh my food, etc. MFP gives you the support you need ot make it happen! Good luck to you!
  • acw87
    acw87 Posts: 9
    Options
    You can add me. I just sent a friend request
  • HawtTamale
    HawtTamale Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have about 80lbs to lose and would love some friends to help keep me motivated :) Friend request sent!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I have lost over 50 and haev another 50 to go.

But be warned I am blunty honest and forthright in my opinions.

I will support but will not give sympathy if you don;t do your best.

I know what works for me and can help with knowledge i have gained over thelast 7 months.

First thing is, read or watch "Forks over Knives".
  • Laureegi
    Laureegi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I too need to lose 70 pounds and so far have only lost 2....but then I just joined last week. I hope to have some friends here who are encouraging and likewise I would do the same. I hope I can lose this weight once and for all and I wish the best to each of you.

Regards, Laura
  • bptter
    bptter Posts: 5
    Options
    You can add me! I am trying to lose at least 40 pounds. ahh.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hey neighbor...I live in IL! :happy: Feel free to add me! I'm on here all the time and will be around to offer you support. You can do this!! :smile:
  • shantigo2011
    Options
    Hey, We can all help eachother. I am down 30 LBs but I have about 50LBs to go!
    Ready.
    Set.
    GO!
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I have lost over 80 pounds and am at a standstill. Just happy I have not gained it back but still have or want to lose another 50. Would love to call mine baby weight but my youngest is 19 but will always be my baby!
  • jdennisj
    Options
    Hi - I am from Northwest Indiana as well. Feel free to add me if you wish. I give you a lot of credit for trying to take charge of your life - don't look at it as losing 70+ lbs. I like to think you are trying to succeed with taking control of your life regardless where you end up with in weight loss. It's always one pound at a time. I haven't been on here all that long but I have started to understand what a great group we have here. I will be happy to encourage you with that if you wish. Good luck.