A Shy Hi

Options
Hi all. My name is Andrea and I'm 29.

I am new(ish) to MFP and don't have many friends yet. I was being private at first, but now I think it will hold me more accountable. I am home all day with 3 under 3 and then my nine yr old comes home, so actually any adult interation is welcome :-)

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    We're very glad you're here!! Welcome! :)
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea. I'm Mark. Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Mom2barefootbabes
    Options
    Thanks Mud! (my #1 bud, haha).

And thank you mark!
  • DoctorPMD
    DoctorPMD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just joined also. I don't know if I am good at adult interaction though. I have recently been thrust into a Hannah Montana Marathon by my daughter...and have been acting accordingly.
  • habadasheryhijinx
    Options
    Hello! I am very shy myself. But, I figure everyone needs people around them to be friendly. It helps everyone in the long run! I am a single mom working and going to college with an overload schedule. I have a special needs son and I am gaining again. :( I just recently made a decision to put a relationship on hold because he said he cares about me. But, the expectation would always be for to me actively trying to be as healthy/losing weight as much possible all the time. I just don't know how I feel about that. I want to be healthy, and I am trying to lose, but I want someone to accept me as me and be encouraging. Not as if I already have strikes against me. Long story short, I am going to focus on me, not him or what could have been. The emotional turmoil is too much, as I have started to gain. I recently lost fifty pounds and have gained ten back. I will never allow myself to go back to where I was. I am here to lose and gain a healthy perspective on me. I recently seen a show where a lady "fell in love with herself." It sounds sooo kooky.. But, I love the idea. I've been doing something for me twice a week ever since, to love me. Makes perfect sense.. If you can't love you, you can never give love away or accept it for yourself. So, that's my two cents. I'm a bit scared to start this endeavor. But, oh so excited. It's my time to be excited about me for me. No one or nothing else.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Glad you decided to come out and introduce yourself!
  • salmon5516
    salmon5516 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea

Im Ben and new to MFP too, feel free to add me :)
  • Invictus195
    Options
    Hey there! Wise choice joining here...It's done wonders for my girlish figure =b
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I've totally been there. I had three kids in two years(includes twins). Going to the grocery store by myself was a treat! Good luck!
  • dg2003
    dg2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI! best of luck on your goals girl. No need to be shy...its having people to share your progress with that will make it that much more gratifying. Good Luck!