2nd time around, looking for support

Options
Hello! Ive' been overweight most of my adult life. After marriage and having a baby, more weight arrived. I've tried it all - low-carb, no-carb, low-fat, low-sodium, apple cider diet and soup diet, probably a few that I have missed as well. Now as I grew older, I realized that (for me) I can't follow any diet that would restrict me from having one thing or another (because in the end I cheat and eat that one thing that I absolutely can't have) So now, I am back the 2nd time around to do this the right way. To eat, count calories, everything in moderation and exercise. Looking into the Couch-to-5K program (I am on week 1, day 3). But most importantly, I am looking for support, for people like me to provide support to each other as we make this a life changing process ;-)
Please add a note about yourself and your journey.

Replies

• Sw33tNSa55y
    Sw33tNSa55y Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way this is my idk how many times at trying to get healthy... Im not a diet person... i still eat what i want when i want it just trying to do it more in moderation... or if i do eat alot then i try to work harder... i count every lil thing i do with me kids. walking to pick them up from school... going up and down my stairs for laundry... you would be amazed at how much you burn just doing your every day...
  • fatimah2107
    Options
    Hi, I was never really overweight when I was younger but always thought I was because I wasn't as skinny as the other girls. Now I have 5 kids and with each one I put on more weight and with each one it became harder to lose. I have stopped dieting because every time I tell myself not to eat something, I eat twice as much. I now just try to eat smaller portions and healthier food. I have forced myself to start walking. I have always hated exercise but over the past few weeks I have surprised myself. I walk more each day and more importantly I miss fewer days. I have actually started to look forward to it, which people always say you will but I never believed them. Now if I miss a day I feel guilty. I feel that I have cheated myself. The best part is when you exercise you think twice every time you go to put something in your mouth. You always ask yourself is it worth it. I am now in a competition with myself to see if I can beat myself every day.