Anyone NOT like their POlar F6?

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
I am in the market for a new HRM...I;ve heard all great things about the Polar F6/7, but wanted to do a bit more research before plopping down $110 or so.

Is there anything that someone doesn't like about their Polar? Is there another brand that you think is better?

Replies

• jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If it helps - Amazon has the polar F6 for around $87...so at least it's a bit less expensive.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Does that one have a chest strap?
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my F6. What I HATE about it is that the chest strap and watch don't have user-replaceable batteries. I don't wear the watch in water, so I'll probably just take it to a jewelry store to have the battery replaced (apparently, if you don't send the watch in to get the battery replaced, then you risk breaking the seal that keeps it waterproof. Not really an issue unless you wear the watch in the shower, or for swimming). And when it's time to replace the battery in the chest strap, I'll probably just order a new Wear Link chest strap (it DOES have user-replaceable batteries) and use that instead.

If I could go back, I'd probably opt for a heart rate monitor with user-replaceable batteries... but I DO love the Polar brand. I'd definitely buy another Polar any day.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my F6. What I HATE about it is that the chest strap and watch don't have user-replaceable batteries. I don't wear the watch in water, so I'll probably just take it to a jewelry store to have the battery replaced (apparently, if you don't send the watch in to get the battery replaced, then you risk breaking the seal that keeps it waterproof. Not really an issue unless you wear the watch in the shower, or for swimming). And when it's time to replace the battery in the chest strap, I'll probably just order a new Wear Link chest strap (it DOES have user-replaceable batteries) and use that instead.

If I could go back, I'd probably opt for a heart rate monitor with user-replaceable batteries... but I DO love the Polar brand. I'd definitely buy another Polar any day.

The newer ones, the Polar F7, has user replaceable batteries, so I'd probably look into getting that one. Thanks for the feedback. :smile: