March Madness Fitness Challenge!

Options
Hi guys!! My name's Jill and I need to get fit! haha. I've been working on it, I used MFP once before and I kept it off, i came back in January and I've lost 11 lbs which is great! I'm enlisting into the service this spring (I'm not sure exactly when I leave for Basic yet) but I'm using the month of march to really push my fitness level into hyperdrive. I do not want to get to Basic and struggle and feel like I'm going to die. lol.

Anyway, I am challenging anyone who wants to join me to set a goal or two for the month of March!

My goals: lose 8 lbs and by the end of March be able to run 2 miles in 20 minutes!

Current Weight: 174
Goal Weight: 166

Current 2 mile run: I'm not sure, but I believe it's close to 30 minutes
Goal: 2 mile run in 20:00

Replies

• jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you! I'd like to lose 10 pounds by the end of March! We can do it!!

Starting weight 213
    Goal weight 203

Should we have a weekly weigh in day?
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! My name's Jill and I need to get fit! haha. I've been working on it, I used MFP once before and I kept it off, i came back in January and I've lost 11 lbs which is great! I'm enlisting into the service this spring (I'm not sure exactly when I leave for Basic yet) but I'm using the month of march to really push my fitness level into hyperdrive. I do not want to get to Basic and struggle and feel like I'm going to die. lol.

Anyway, I am challenging anyone who wants to join me to set a goal or two for the month of March!

My goals: lose 8 lbs and by the end of March be able to run 2 miles in 20 minutes!

I want to join.......I would love to lose 8 lbs by end of March...Iam about 138 lbs right now and would LOVE to weigh 130 lbs by the end of March..soooo COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Jill! I'm Jill, as well. I'm definitely in, just have to come up with some goals for March first. I'll be back once I brainstorm!
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    Hi!! :smile: I'm definitely in! I'd love to lose the last 5 lbs by the end of march! It'd be a great way to start off spring! :glasses:

548418.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cometnurse
    cometnurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!! I was doing really well and have hit a plateau so I need to push through. I am currently 154 and would like to lose 8 lbs by the end of March !! WOOHOO!! Lets go!!
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hello all, I'm a newbie on here as well. Signed up a few months ago and then never really even tried to keep up with it (blame it on the holidays, lol). Anyway, as of about 2 weeks ago or so now I have finally decided it is TIME for a change, a change for the better, and a PERMANENT change!! I have become complacent and just been going along with, "oh I gained a few lbs... not a big deal." Well, those few lbs it seems have turned into a few more and my clothes are definitely telling me that too (ugh, HOW they all of a sudden got tighter on me I'm not sure, ha). Anyway, I'm sick of how I have let myself go and I am ready to step it up and get back into better shape!! I'm sick of being the "bigger girl" amongst my friends! I am not looking to lose a huge amount of weight but I think the last time I even attempted to lose weight was probably around 10 years ago (wow time flies!). I have been using food as a crutch all my life almost, but maybe even moreso over the past few years... for various reasons. I think my main issue is being active... I work an 8-5 desk job Monday-Friday and come home completely exhausted so working out was the LAST thing from my mind. Well, apparently this has really begun to catch up w/me in a BAD way and I'm sooo over it!! I would like to lose about 10lbs so I will join this challenge!! :-)
  • nchaffin
    Options
    CHHHHHHHHHELLO!

A Challenge? I love challenges!

2 Goals:
    1. Lose 5 lbs by EOM March.
    2. LOG MY FOOD EVERYDAY (even when I suck!)
  • jezziebelle
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!! I'm so glad you are all joining me in this! As for weigh in days, I weigh in on Thursdays. If you need to do a different day it doesn't bother me, but I'm doing a BL challenge with my family and I have to weigh in on Thursdays haha. (evil smile) I'm so going to win that challenge! haha.

This is going to be awesome! We can so do this you guys!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I'm in! I'm already apart of the 30 day shred group & a lose 10 lbs by end of March group, so this is even more motivation & support in this group. My normal weigh-in day is Thursday also, except I weighed in today with the 30 day shred group since we all just started it today. But of course I didn't lose anything since Thursday.

So my goals are:
    *Lose 12 lbs by end of March (at least 10, but aiming for 12)
    *Log my food everyday no matter how bad I do
    *Burn 500-600 calories from exercise at least 5 days a week

Good luck to all! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • jennmcpherson
    Options
    Thursday works for me! See you then!

Good luck all!
  • jillybeanruns
    Options
    Alright here goes....

10 glasses (80 ounces) of water every day
    132 by April 1 (currently 140)
    Run 3.2 miles (5k) without stopping

I'm aiming to do two 5ks in April, but I'm not a treadmill runner and live in New England so this could prove to be difficult. Mainly ice and my bad ankle. But I'm going to do the best I can!

My weigh-ins are Sunday, so I'm going to keep those!

Good luck everyone!
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today but I'll weigh in again Thursday..and then I'll start doing it every Thursday..when I weighed in today I lost a lb....Im feeling sooo great....:smile::wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi

I'd like to join your challange. I want lose 10lb by the end of March =D
  • tinaloveshotpants
    tinaloveshotpants Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes sounds good don't want to be able to run though but lose 8lb would take me to my goal
  • jezziebelle
    Options

Current Weight 172.8, Loss of 1.2 lbs :)
  • jillybeanruns
    Options
    Way to go girl! Keep it up!
  • jennmcpherson
    Options
    Thursday weigh in!

Starting weight 214
    Current weight 211
    Goal weight 204 (for this challenge)
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a new challenge! Gotta figure my goal first. I think I just broke through my plateau I was whinning about earlier this week. Either that or I finally could read the scale, lousy eyesight ya know.
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? I've been on MFP for 2 months now and would love to get into something to keep me motivated! My weigh in day is also Thursday (today) and I lost 3 pounds! <--Can't even believe it!!

Goals
    -Lose 10 pounds by the end of March
    -Hit the gym AT LEAST 3 days a week
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this challenge! I'd like to lose 8 lbs. by the end of the month. That would put me at a total loss of 90 lbs. in one year!:bigsmile:

My goals:

Lose 8 lbs. by 3/31
    Run at least 12 miles a week
    Keep up my food log