I need more motivation...

Options
jagnal
jagnal Posts: 20 Member
Sometimes I just feel like blahh. Sometimes I wanna wake up and be a 100 lbs lighter. I know I have to be patient. When I look in the mirror I look the same. I'm on my 4th week and will weigh in on Saturday, so far 11-lbs have dropped in 3 weeks, yay! I am happy about that and I'm making the changed for the healthier me. I see all the before and after pics and they look so amazing!!!! I cant wait to be able to do that. I guess I just needed to vent.

Replies

• neffesther
    Options
    Stick with it, the change will happen before you know it. When I get to feeling like that I try really hard not to think about it. Every time i stop thinking about the fact that I'm trying to lose weight, another few pounds have dropped and I haven't even realized it! The rewards are awesome, and you should start to notice small differences in the next ten pounds or so. :-)
  • ClaireMal
    Options
    You can add me if you like I know that bleeughhh feeling.
  • ejosborne14
    ejosborne14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A good tip i learnt and i do use it when i feel low, is to go to the supermarket with somone and get them to place bags of sugar equivilant to your weight loss in your arms, you'll be amazed as to how heavy it is and how it motivates you.
  • estebanfavela
    estebanfavela Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    that's a great tip, about the sugar. i'll try it!
  • LaDonnaLoves
    LaDonnaLoves Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I learned to love myself, so now I am my own best friend, treating myself the way I would treat my best friend. If my best friend is obese, and I love her, I won't take her to eat corn dogs at the county fair, etc. Find that for you...
  • gwenversue
    gwenversue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I need a best friend like that, just had an ice cream for breakfast! Think I'll ditch that friend! Great thoght☺
  • theresasnyder57
    Options
    11 pounds in three weeks is awesome! you have to stick with it, when i started losing weight i was 190 lbs now down to 143! It's hard people don't realize that. But remember there is always another meal and It's just food! You will be going down a size in clothes if you haven't already use that as motivation! One trick my nutritionist told me was to get rid of the size you just left, then there is no going back! Good luck keep going and you will get there, all it takes is patience and alot of talking to yourself!
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

I have been overweight all my life, and tried to lose weight 21350000 times but always failed because I felt like it would took too long to lose all the weight I needed to lose and it was hard for me. But thanks to mfp, learning to be patient and doing things the healthy way I have got used to eat healthy very quickly. The first weeks are the hardest because you want results FAST, but soon you will learn to love the process as much as your goal. Today is my 90th day, and I have lost 36 lbs so far. :)

:P Being healthy is as addictive as seeing yourself looking better and better.

If you need to talk or anything, feel free to add me.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Motivation and dedication are keys!!!! Add me if you'd like! :)