What are the best stomach firming exercises?

I have a lot of sagging skin on my stomach as a result of never losing the baby weight 14 years ago (and a c-section). I know I will probably never be able to get rid of it all at this late stage but I want to budge as much as I can as surgery isn't really an option for me. I has seen some improvement in the past from my belly-dancing, so improvement is possible. So please, what are the most effective exercises?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Planks and side planks are brilliant, they work all the muscles in your tummy :smile:

Start with doing as long as you can and build up.
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    What's a side plank? I misunderstood what a plank was when I was told to balance on my elbows and toes, and lay on my back facing up, on my elbows and stretching my feet so my toes touched the ground - gave myself a ferocious friction burn on my elbow!
  • Murf1968
    Murf1968 Posts: 315 Member
    A side plank looks like this...

yU2O6.gif
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Ooh must start doing planks!! Thx

Bump
  • jennibee70
    A side plank looks like this...

yU2O6.gif

Thank you, very clear! Not sure I'll be able to do it though!!!
  • momtobe06
    momtobe06 Posts: 81 Member
    prone jackknife on a yoga ball- google it !
  • jennibee70
    prone jackknife on a yoga ball- google it !

Are they having an actual laugh??? I googled it, saw the first picture of a person in a push up position with their feet on the ball and thought "oh ok, I can do that" - and then I realised I was meant to pull my knees to my chest too! That has "face-plant" written all over it! But, I did ask, so I will give it a try!