Slow and steady wins the race....right?

Options
I'm a 28 year old female, originally from Northern California but I've been living and working overseas for the last almost 5 years. I've always been the "fat" girl....and to be blunt, I'm sick of it! I enjoy working out, I've been on the "clean" eating for the last few years. I have some health/hormone issues that seem to be a cause of me not losing weight and don't really know what to do about it. I work out at least 5 days a week, sometimes more. I'm just feeling insanely discouraged lately and have seen this site mentioned by a few people and though "what do I have to lose" so here I am....

Replies

• Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :-)
    I wish you loads of strength and courage on your way to change from a "fat" girl into whatever you wish to be :-)
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi girl!

I have a hormonal problem too that comes with other sucky side-effects, but here I am, losing weight. So, if I can do it, you can too. It might be hard, but hey, no one said it was easy, right? ;) In my opinion, you have to find what works better for you. Not everyone loses weight the same way. It took me a lil while to figure out what worked for me (upping my cals a lil bit, not over-exercising too much, less carbs... so on), but now I'm happily losing weight and loving this healthy lifestyle more and more.

Don't worry if the loss is slow. Better slow than null, don't you think?

;) You're here and trying, that's the first and most important step.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. You can do it :smile: Slow, steady & consistently logging will get you there. Even when you know you're going over your calories, still log it. It's the only way to really see your progress. And you will win the race.
  • zulaiqha
    zulaiqha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    keep in mind a good motivation and courage.good luck to u and myself too (sorry for my bad english)
  • sing4me4you
    sing4me4you Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If I can give you one piece of advice, don't fall into the trap of comparing your weight loss to anyone else's. I've been on MFP and working on losing weight for just over a year and I have lost about 25 lbs. so far. I am still losing but not at the rate others do. I have no intention of giving up on myself and your shouldn't either. It's your transformation, no one else can do this for you. Good luck and keep going!
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    MFP has changed my life completely, the support and friendship I have on here is just incredible, I don't believe I would have gotten this far without it, its ultimately up to us to make it work but sharing experiences with others and knowing you aren't alone is such a great feeling, I've been on her 18months and agree don't compare with others we are all different and lose at different rates and have different issues.

Good luck with your journey! my motto I live by "NEVER GIVE UP" no matter what happens, I've fallen down more times than I can count but its how you pick yourself up that matters...:o)