New Kid on The Block!!

Options
I put on a few pounds after quitting smoking 3 months ago and want to lose it before it's nice out! I'm finding that I am now obsessed with entering the foods I've eaten! I've replaced 1 habit for another! I seem to have trouble with lunch...I LOVE my bread and am having a hard time giving it up or cutting it down. If anyone has easy lunch ideas (preferrably portable because I'm always driving my kids somewhere!!), I would really appreciate it!

Replies

• ted780
    ted780 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same thing. I quit smoking about 2 months ago and now I want to lose the extra weight. I am also obsessed with entering my foods and my exercise. Fun to see how fast it can go if I chnge just a simple thing. I need to find a decent scale to use. Mine works about 2 days a week if the sun is out and wind is blowing north.
  • jsturman
    jsturman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was also obsessed when I first started about a month ago, and still am! I haven't missed a day.....................it's so helpful to be aware of what you are eating and just how many calories, etc., are your food. Good luck!
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I quit on 09/28/10. I say good habits are better than the bad ones. I enjoy logging my food daily but I can't see many if any cons or future problems with our new passion! Yea, us! Keep up the awesome work!
  • onelegpat
    onelegpat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for consistency so my lunches are almost the same every day, but I love em!
    I'll tell you what I pack for work each day so you have a better perspective of what I eat during the day. I eat every couple of hours, because I try to never be "hungry" so I don't stuff my face. Hope you find something that works for you! I cut up all my veggies and portion my trail mix on Sunday nights so I don't have to worry about what to take each day, I just grab the pre-made portions and off I go.

8:30 am
    Chia Green Tea
    1 Splenda pk

10:00 am (This is my new favorite snack, love it!)
    Hard Boiled Born 3 Egg
    Laughing Cow Baby Bel

12:00 pm
    2 med. carrots sliced
    2 celery stocks sliced
    1 red pepper sliced
    1 cup broccoli cut up
    4 tbsp Roasted Garlic Hummus
    I make my own trail mix and then portion it out for 2 weeks. It is;
    2 tbsp dried bananas
    2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
    2 tbsp raisins
    2 tbsp cranberries
    24 Almonds

2:00 pm
    Sunkist Orange

3:00 pm
    Small Apple
    Crispy Delight 90 Cal snack

Some variations I do is unsweetened apple sauce with flax seed, yogurt and variations of fruit and veggies.