Tasty recipe ideas for buckwheat?

Options
Looking do something with buckwheat, haven't tried it before. Any recipes welcome...thanks in advance!

Replies

• Squeezalsize10
    Options
    does anyone use buckwheat?
    LOL
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested too.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough.....

I usually at the weekend clear the fridge out of any vegetables and the like that need using up, I'll make a pot of soup/ stew and then freeze it in individual containers for my lunches.

Last week I had some good chicken stock and some roast chicken left over. I chopped the chicken small, softened an onion in a little oil, added the chicken, stock, and a good handful of buckwheat. Simmered until the buckwheat was cooked and the stock mostly absorbed.

Makes a great healthy and cheap lunch!
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    Funnily enough.....

I usually at the weekend clear the fridge out of any vegetables and the like that need using up, I'll make a pot of soup/ stew and then freeze it in individual containers for my lunches.

Last week I had some good chicken stock and some roast chicken left over. I chopped the chicken small, softened an onion in a little oil, added the chicken, stock, and a good handful of buckwheat. Simmered until the buckwheat was cooked and the stock mostly absorbed.

Makes a great healthy and cheap lunch!

mmmm i really like that sound of that. thanks.