Insane to do Insanity?

Options
I have ordered the insanity set and am waiting for it to arrive. I am planning on starting the program on Monday Oct 22. If there is anyone else starting the program around that date, I look forward to hearing from you. I have watched the previews and wonder how am ever going to do this? Any advice from any of the vets who have done this or are already doing it?

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm just about done with my 2nd week and I'm loving it!! It's hard and I have to modify a few things but I'm getting better with each day I do it. Plus, I feel so damn good when I'm done.lol. I would suggest going at your own pace till your comfortable and take breaks if you need too. Good luck!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity! I just started month two this week, and I'm absolutely loving it. Is it as tough as they say? YES. Is it worth it? YES.

I hope you enjoy :)

ETA: I have been blogging every day of Insanity, so if you want to see more of what you're in for, you might find it helpful.. www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/1concretegirl

in the next week, I will be putting a post up about the specific tips that helped me and my Insanity support friends here on MFP, so that should be helpful too.

Another great Insanity blog is www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/danasings
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    I have done the first 2 days. I will officially start the videos next month due to I'm doing a fruit and veggie diet right now and not taking in enough calories to supplement the amount burned doing the insanity workout.
  • mistertug
    Options
    Just do the individual exercises at your own pace; trying to keep up with the people on the DVD is a mistake. Monitor your heart rate, drink plenty of water, and modify the exercises if need be. And mute Shaun T after you got an idea of what's on the DVDs because he's annoying.
  • Swanz21
    Swanz21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link to your blog, very insightful. I Can't wait to tell my own stories.
  • Swanz21
    Options
    Thank you all for some good thoughts, it really sounds tough but well worth it and it makes you feel great.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    I have one more week of Insanity. I am toned, but I did not lose weight. I guess it truly boils down to diet, not exercise when it comes to weight loss.
  • Swanz21
    Options
    What type of diet do they suggest? I'm sure low carb hi clean protein. Is there a set amount of calories per day?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    "insanity" is a mental illness and I think some people might be offended by your use of the term "insane" as a descriptor in this post. Yes, I understand you're referring to insanity--however, to describe the person as "insane" might be perceived as rather insensitive. Not by me, of course, but by some people. I mean people get really upset by these sorts of things. Just a heads up.
  • Swanz21
    Options
    @Love, thank you for hijacking my post with your editorial. Look around you, anything you say or do will surely offend some person or some group in some way. If you hear a song on the radio you don't like, you change the channel. I started this post as a means to get positve feed back and inspiration to begin what I perceive as a very challenging program that I have had doubts as to whether or not I can do it or not. The only thing I am sorry for is this has turned into a soap box for political correctness.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    "insanity" is a mental illness and I think some people might be offended by your use of the term "insane" as a descriptor in this post. Yes, I understand you're referring to insanity--however, to describe the person as "insane" might be perceived as rather insensitive. Not by me, of course, but by some people. I mean people get really upset by these sorts of things. Just a heads up.

In other words "I have nothing to add to this discussion, but someone somewhere might not like the title!"

Useful info....not really. If someone doesn't like it, let them say so.

Swanz21, The diet is 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat. I personally have upped to 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat for quicker fat loss and it seems to be working. :)