700 days on MFP

Options
Yanicka1
Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
Wow…..can’t believe I have been here for 700 days!!!! I first logged here on November 11th 2010, 2 weeks after giving birth to my 4th surrobaby and having one of the most frightening heath scare of my life. It was caused by the pregnancy and not because I was overweight but I never want to feel that scared of leaving my babies without a mother if I can help it.

That feeling, leaving my kids without a mother while they still need it, is what pushed me each and every one of those 700 days. No need of motivation when you keep THAT feeling in mind. So newbie…..THAT feeling that made you logged into MFP the first time? That is your motivation.

In the last 700 days I didn’t lose 100s of pounds, didn’t run a marathon, didn’t compete in a fitness competition or even do one freaking pull up. What I got were wonderful friends, knowledge in fitness and nutrition (and the ability to make the difference with what is important and what is not) and most importantly, self assurance. I learned to let go of the scale (don’t have one anymore) to eat as much as my body need to not only function…..but thrive. I learned that getting healthy take time…..a lot of time (Those “get ripped in 6 weeks” are bullpoopoo. ) I learned that lifting iron make me feel sexy. Also….my body is NOT the enemy and this is not a battle. I do not have to beat my body into submission, exercise for hours and starve.

Replies

• SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this I really needed to read that right now.

What an amazing accomplishment.

You sound so intelligent, grounded and self-aware.In the end that's going to be a bigger accomplishment and serve you better then rock hard abs.

Congrats! You should be proud
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    (Stands up and claps!)

Very well said! :drinker:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome lessons to take through life! Congratulations on your continued succes! Happy 700th!
  • tlo23
    tlo23 Posts: 68
    Options
    Amen to that!!!
  • favrow812
    Options
    Thats awesome! Keep up the hard work!!!!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your most Awesome Achievement!!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You rock twin!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You have just summed up what I've been telling others! I've been here now for 945 days just to keep me driving in the right direction.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: Love this.

And don't forget that you have incredible abs and a fabulous booty now, too. :wink:
  • swagner73
    swagner73 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    In the last 700 days I didn’t lose 100s of pounds, didn’t run a marathon, didn’t compete in a fitness competition or even do one freaking pull up. What I got were wonderful friends, knowledge in fitness and nutrition (and the ability to make the difference with what is important and what is not) and most importantly, self assurance. I learned to let go of the scale (don’t have one anymore) to eat as much as my body need to not only function…..but thrive. I learned that getting healthy take time…..a lot of time (Those “get ripped in 6 weeks” are bullpoopoo. ) I learned that lifting iron make me feel sexy. Also….my body is NOT the enemy and this is not a battle. I do not have to beat my body into submission, exercise for hours and starve.

THIS is what I needed this morning. I'm so much more aware of what I am eating -- I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS read labels now. Confidence? It will come, I'm sure in time. Letting go of the scale? I'm not ready for that just yet. I like seeing the numbers fluctuate a pound or two because it gives me security in knowing that I am still making the right decisions & if I happen to have an "off" day, I can look at my food diary -- which I happen to log emotions & outside influences on as well -- and see WHAT exactly made the numbers fluctuate. This is so much more about losing weight for me -- it's about learning what makes me feel better & feel healthier. I am finding that's the case with a lot of us here at mfp -- we are learning about ourselves & not simply wanting to shed a few pounds for that upcoming event... and that wasn't the case at WW.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing!
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    So glad we are friends !

Congrats to you for never giving up and giving in . You are so inspiring !

<3
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Well said! :flowerforyou:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You are one of the most bad *kitten* girls i know!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    You're a rock star Yanicka, and one of my biggest inspirations here on MFP. I'm honoured to be your friend :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.

Tired of posting my pics and I am sure many are too but here it is

6030453129_1e7ae5172d_n.jpg
    IMG_2720 by yanicka, on Flickr

8040150711_a85839e461_n.jpg
    IMG_20120929_095330 by yanicka, on Flickr
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!! Happy 700! Keep on loggin!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful thing to be,.. A surrogate! Well done! I'm on 440 days... Can't wait to see where I am at 700! X
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.

Tired of posting my pics and I am sure many are too but here it is

6030453129_1e7ae5172d_n.jpg
    IMG_2720 by yanicka, on Flickr

8040150711_a85839e461_n.jpg
    IMG_20120929_095330 by yanicka, on Flickr

Wow! Wonderful transformation too... And you had all those babies! Wow! X
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Congratulations :):) Awesome Journey:):) OutStanding job:):) Very Proud of you:):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!