New and looking for support

Options
Hi all!
While not new to the site I'm new to the community portion of this site. The set up of this site is turning out to be infinetely helpful. I don't think I can remember a point in my adult life when I haven't been struggling with my weight. My weight has a tendency to yo-yo and I'm hoping that by using this place to track my progress and food choices I can end that trend.

I have a long way to go and know that I need help with it. at only 27 I'm at risk for so many things that can be avoided if I can drop the pounds. I'm hoping I can find my own little cheerleaders that I can support too. I've tried too many times to do this on my own and failed. Time to try a new way. I have high goals and look forward to meeting them.

Replies

• wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community. I still consider myself a bit of a newbie.

Like you, I have always struggled with my weight, feel like I've tried everything, have lots of risk factors, and have a looooooooong way to go. Feel free to add me. I find that I am the most motivated by trying to be an encouragement to others.

Congrats on making the decision to make a forever change in your lifestyle! :)
  • lauracljc
    Options
    You can add me if you like...Support is crucial!
  • zulaiqha
    zulaiqha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP. im new here too.it's very interesting to find out that there is a community web that aim for same goal to achieve and share and motivate each other.
  • sweetkeys
    sweetkeys Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i would be glad to share the journey - add me if you'd like!
  • amd423
    amd423 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also not new to the site but fairly new to the community aspect! Please feel free to add me!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    WELCOME all you new people!!! I totally love this site. I have add mfp for a while, but only started to faithfully use it in January. It has been a life saver that is forsure. If anybody would like add me. I am always looking for motivated, dedicated people for support, and advice!!!! :)