Awesome NSV!

Options
Tomorrow is a big day for me. I am going on my first ever 5k. I wanted to start with a 3k, but I have friends doing this 5k, so I signed up for it. I can't run yet, so I am going to walk it. Running hurts my knees right now. Tuesday I decided to do 2 miles on the treadmill just get myself prepared and I did 2.21 miles in 45 minutes. Well, yesterday I decided to set the treadmill for an hour. At 58.30 minutes I hit the 3 mile mark! I then went into cooldown, which goes down in speed every minute. I ended up getting to 3.1 miles at 61.30 minutes. I know I should be able to do this 5k in an hour or less. It will probably be less because I will have people there to talk to. I know for others this may not be big, but it is for me. Never in my life did I think I would be able to walk 3 miles. Before this week I wasn't doing more than 1.5 miles. This time last year I would have never even thought about doing anything like this. I am so excited about tomorrow!

Replies

• LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Awesome indeed.
  • elevensgirl
    elevensgirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!!!!!

The excitement and fun of the race will boost your adrenaline and you'll go a little faster for sure. Plus, it's way more fun than the treadmill, so the distraction will be great.

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!